In Need of Help

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ss0703, Jun 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ss0703

ss0703 New Member

Hello everyone. Since I want to keep a certain amount of anonymity, I won't give a name. I am new to the group and I just wanted to say why I am here. I have thoughts of suicide and have tried to act upon them several times but failed. I tried to take 8 or 9 Tylenol PMs and was sent to the hospital where they transferred me to the psych ward for 2 days. This was almost a week ago. Even though I'm out I still have thoughts of suicide. Just today I tried to stab myself with a knife (but there were times before when I tried to do the same thing) I cut myself on my upper left arm when I'm feeling depressed. I feel as though no one understands me and everyone thinks I'm crazy. I have counseling appointments scheduled but I feel as though I need help and understanding from people who have been there. I am humbly asking for help from anyone and everyone from the forum. Thank you

2. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

well first off :welcome: to the forum. i'm sorry to hear you are struggling so much with suicide. i have to for the longest time. so you are not alone. i would though like to encourage you to hang in there, and maybe share more of what's lead you here. usually when people share that kind of stouf it helps change the perspective to some degree, and most of the time it is a help. we'd be most glad to listen to by all means. please take care and please stay safe.

3. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

I also cut myself when im feeling sad or mad or have any feelings that i dont want.

I hope that you find that many people on the forum have gone through what youre going
    through right now.

I also go to a counsler, but i feel that talking to some of my closest friends is a lot
    easier than talking to a stranger whom takes notes :X

4. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

Welcome. I guess we're all in a spot similar to yours. I made a number of attempts, but haven't for the past two years. It's on my mind, though, all of the time.

A number of things have kept me alive the past two years. A psychiatrist keeps close tabs on all the meds. I talk with a psychologist every other week, and I talk with a psychotherapist once a month. I just moved from seeing the therapist every other week to monthly. So, I've been helped by a variety of people and by having worked for two years to get meds where they need to be.

Seeing therapists and other counselors is good in two ways. It helps to talk openly about things you wouldn't be comfortable talking about with your family or friends. The other way is by doing the things they suggest. They know a lot of coping skills that really can help. The catch is you have to do the things they say or therapy sessions every week for the rest of your life would be no help.

For most people, a combination of therapy and meds are the most effective.

I hope you find this forum helpful and will take advantage of whatever resources you find.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.