in need of tips *may be graphic*

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by bitheway, Dec 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bitheway

bitheway Member

Hi um im going on vacation to the hot caribean in a few weeks and i need some tips to hide my scars....i have 17 new cuts on my wrists from this weekend and a lot of other scars scattered around my body....my bathing suit isnt going to cover the scars....what do i do?

i mean my parents know that i cut but i cant have them see the scars, i just cant...they will be so disappointed in me......im already an embarrassement to them imagine how bad it will be when people in the carribean will see my scars......

i know that i shouldnt cut anymore, at least until the vacation has come and gone but im so stressed and panicky that i cant help it and i feel like cutting every day and i havent cut since sunday, which is amazing for me....i even managed to shave today with out cutting myself Oo what the fuck....

my parents wont believe me when i tell them that i threw out my blades, or when i tell them that (by the time i see them) i would have been free of cutting for a couple weeks.....

has anyone had this situation before? any tips

2. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

I've only cut once, but I do have some tips.

Since you can't hide all of the cuts, then don't. Figure out how to hide as many as you can when you're not wearing your bathing suit, and once you've decided what you're going to wear, try to stop worrying about it as much as possible and live in the moment. Come to terms with the fact that you have all those cuts on your body, and think about what you're going to tell your family when they ask. You could tell them that you've cut a lot in the past, and if they say that they look bad, tell them you know, but it's the past. Or, you could say something else, but make sure it's quick. Don't make up some elaborate lie that you'll have to back up. Forgive yourself for what you've done, but don't accept it as being okay! Try using the trip as a checkpoint. Have a good time if you can, relax, and promise yourself that when you get back, you'll be upbeat about being alive, and look at everything as an opportunity, not a drag. Maybe you can write down some plans or goals for when you get back. I know it might seem like wawy too much to assure yourself that you'll stop cutting completely, but hopefully it won't be long before that happens too.

Have fun!

3. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Hm, when I went on vacation, to a beach, I had big waterproof bandages on my wrist, but I only cut on my wrists, and I have a few scars on my legs that aren't noticeable unless you're looking for them..But maybe you should try and find some water-proof make-up? Blend it on the most noticeable scars, and just let the other ones be..G'luck.

4. bitheway

bitheway Member

thanks for the advice.....both of u....um my parents already know i cut, and i think they know that i started cutting my wrists, but im not sure how much they know, and i dont want to bring it up....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.