In pain and worn out

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by jarrah, May 11, 2015.

1. jarrah

jarrah Member

I've been in physical pain for the last five days due to an infection. I started treatment today, but can expect another few days of hurt. I've been taking painkillers, but they aren't helping. At first it distracted me from wanting to kill myself, I'm weak and tired, but I'm thinking about it again. A few other things have happened. I won't be going in to uni for the rest of the semester. I don't want to go back at all, I don't feel like I can finish the semester, there's a few weeks left, a few assessments. I just don't want to be here anymore. I can't deal with any of this. There is no happiness in my life, only pain and emptiness. That sounds pretty dramatic but it's on point. i don't feel as emotional about it as I did, I'm really worn out. I don't want to be here.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there Jarrah,

what kind of infection do you have? Will it be treated easily?
    I had a nasty infection on my leg about 2 years ago and the pain was unreal. Topical lotions helped me a lot in dealing with the soreness of it.
    I think you should work on finishing the semester as you only have a few weeks left to go.
    Don't worry about sounding dramatic, you are entitled to feel the way you do and I feel for you.
    Good luck with the infection treatment and the assessments.
  3. jarrah

jarrah Member

Hi Petal, hope you're well.

It's a sinus infection, a course of antibiotics will fix it, it's just painful from my throat to my ear. It should subside in a day or two. There isn't much semester left - even if i don't do well I will do well enough. At least it's not stressing me out, it's just hard to do anything right now. Thanks for commenting and the well wishes - take care.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi again, my brother suffers recurrent sinus problems so I can sort of understand why it's bringing you down. Hopefully it will ease off soon. I hope the antibiotcs work on it soon. I'm relieved that college isn't stressing you out too much. But please try and finish the semester as I feel you will regret it if you don't.

Here for you anytime. :hugs: