In pursuit of happiness

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by thebaronspell, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebaronspell

thebaronspell Well-Known Member

Many years ago I was some what contrived into attending a safe house with a couple of friends whom I no longer speak to for no reason connected to this. Some boys on their road befriended our group for a while and one day I didn't go out and the boys locked my two girl mates in a room using a large wardrobe. I wasn't told the whole story but I was dragged along with them and their parents for moral support but for some reason they no longer treat me as a friend and we've not been close for the best part of 7 years despite attending school together etc. I fell out with them over something trivial at the time but I don't understand why they held a grudge, it took them two years to speak to me again and even then I spent that time walking around school having to blank them in class etc. They forever moaned about their other friends but have never treated them badly like they have to me. I doubt they would have gone along with them had they been asked either.

I'm too nice for my own good and I guess the purpose of this thread is to ask why do nice men/boys get treated like junk? I just want people to stop using me and to treat me nice.

2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

sorry i don't get it. were you there when they were trapped in the room? did you help them get out? unclear as to what happened.

3. thebaronspell

thebaronspell Well-Known Member

I wasn't with them that day for some reason must have been ill or something but I don't remember. The basis of this thread is that one I could have prevented it and that I'm unsure as to why they don't speak to me anymore despite me attending the aftercare with them like they wished of me.

4. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i think you are being too hard on yourself. how could you have prevented it? you weren't even there. it is rotten that you are being lumped in with your friends in the aftermath of this incident but that is really out of your control. you can only determine your own responses to the situation. i'm sorry this happened to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.