In the search for happiness

youRprecious!

Antiquities Friend
And yet somehow managing to end up in the opposite direction – what I’ve learned in recovering joy are a few tips (images) that might be useful, and these are: ‘OPTIONS’, ‘THE DIAMOND’ and ‘THE WHEELIE-BIN’.
When our mind goes into overdrive or AWOL, and we fall back on ‘consideration of our feelings’ – I find it is useful to employ the truth in these images, to tell myself that feelings are there to give me feedback, they don’t necessarily reflect reality accurately, and in order to stay free of being controlled by feelings, I can submit them to the following criteria, which have been proven as reliable guides:

youRprecious!

Antiquities Friend
Firstly, ‘OPTIONS’: When a thought presents itself to my mind, insisting to be taken seriously as part of my identity (who/what I am) – if it is at all negative, I don’t have to accept it. If it persists, and doesn’t give me any peace, mentally I can put it in the file marked ‘OPTIONS’ with a note: This is only an option for me to consider, I am not obliged to accept it, despite how my situation looks, and/or the opinions of other people. I am free to consider other options that are more in line with objective truth.

youRprecious!

Antiquities Friend
Secondly, ‘THE DIAMOND’: The objective truth about life is that everyone’s condition can be ‘diamondised’ – that is to embrace the obvious reality that existence is composed of many facets. Scenario: Someone upsets someone else and gets told: “You’re useless!” (etc.) Person goes away and cringes (perhaps, depending on their relationship to the other (and other factors) and broods about the perception that the other person has of them.
This is where they can say: “It’s a PART of me, it isn’t ALL of me”, because the truth is, it isn’t the ‘all’ of us that the other wants it to appear like.
Diamond facets can contain “inclusions” which do not reflect light to other facets. The most precious diamonds are those which sparkle the brightest because they have the least inclusions. We might feel, when observing life in general and our life in particular, that there doesn’t appear to be much sparkle, but we get what we give our attention to and what we choose to focus on – and if this is negativity we need to say “OK, this is that particular diamond, but it doesn’t need to be all of the diamond, (my life in particular) or every diamond in the jeweller’s shop (life in general).” We need to speak to any voice that tries to convince us otherwise, and then refuse to listen to it any longer, because we have decided to major on the facets of our diamond that reflect the most light. And then we realise that this, in fact, is our journey of coming into the light of truth – that has the power to set free from the inclusions brought about by negative emotions which can affect our thinking.

youRprecious!

Antiquities Friend
Thirdly, the icon of ‘THE WHEELIE BIN’ – some feelings which seek to influence the conclusions we come to about our worth and value need to be put there as soon as they appear on the horizon. “That’s just a rubbish suggestion – into the bin it goes” etc. Any ‘evidence’ about any ‘power’ connected to the rubbish suggestion can be looked upon as feedback and taken note of and filed in the “to be aware for future reference” file. We have the power not to let it become (even) a part of our identity.

I’m preaching to myself with what I write here, because I still need to practice it. Over time, the positive energy does heal our past, when we didn’t know this stuff (in my case, the first 40-something years of my life, lol – but I’m not ashamed about how long it took me to learn it – because it has been worth waiting for J)

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00