Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by DarnTired, Dec 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarnTired

DarnTired Antiquitie's Friend

It's one of the worst things about depression. I haven't worked in a week, I spent Thanksgiving alone, the money is running low. Here it is nearly one o'clock on Monday and not one resume has gone out yet. Why? Because with every thing I try, such as going to the usual job sites and such and finding nothing, instead of imediately trying something else, I just plunge into a black pit of inactivity that it take 20 or so minutes to get out of. It's been like this all morning (Hell, for the past week) and the entire time I keep hearing "What's the use". Last night as I walked home from the supermarket, I was thinking about the book I'm writing and all that came back was, "What's the use? You're never going to amount to anything and nobody cares. You're a nothing so Merry Christmas".

I can't take much more of this.
  2. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

You have people here who care. All those feelings you have are classic symptoms of depression. Many of us I am sure know them only too well. Pm me if you ever want a chat.S.
  3. Ellex

Ellex Member

I know exactly what you mean. You won't benefit from me telling you this so maybe I'm just typing this to vent... there are leaflets on my living room floor that I threw down there days ago and I just can't be bothered to pick them up. There are clothes I have to fold and I look at the pile but I just can't get myself to do anything...
    I don't even have a job but if I can't even make myself do the simplest tasks... everything seems so pointless...:sad: even showering seems a chore,and that is coming from someone who is obsessed with smelling nice...if I don't have to go out I really have to force myself even to get undressed to go into the shower... I hate being like this.
    I don't sleep so I'm constantly tired...and right now the sun is shining and I'm telling myself this is the right time to get some shopping done...but even thinking about it makes me tired..

This too shall pass I suppose DarnTired... well hopefully anyway
  4. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I"m sorry you're feeling so crappy. I understand the "what's the use" feeling all too well. Small comfort, I know, but you're not alone. If I can do anything to help you please PM me!

5. darkrider

darkrider Well-Known Member

I haven't been in education for a year, and i've never worked. Inactivity and isolation seems to be all i've become. So desperately I want to move on but after all this time it's like I still don't know where to go, I can't muster any enthusiasm, as much as i'm desperate for things to get better and find my old self.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.