Inappropriate or Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaish

I've been debating how to handle a situation for sometime now and I'm still not sure how to handle it. My favorite supervisor at work is being transferred at the end of this week. When I heard the news I decided I would buy her lunch on her last day, however the schedule does not allow time for that. We do get off at the same time so I thought perhaps I could treat her to a meal after work, but it does involve me asking her if she would like to spend time outside of work with me. Although we worked well professionally our personalities are very different and I worry about her not wanting to spend the time with me. I don't want to make her feel pressured to say yes. I would like to spend some quality time with her as I have not seen her much the past few weeks, but I'm afraid to ask because I don't want it to sound like a 'date'.

Should I ask or just forget the whole idea? I have had a late night meal with her before, but other coworkers were with us.

It doesn't sound inappropriate. Not to have a "send off" meal - no pressure, no date inclinations, just be honest about your intentions beforehand and I don't see it as a problem - particularly as she is transferring to another company location.

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
Hi, Kaish. That's a lovely idea. You said you wanted some quality time before she's gone, but that you're worried it might sound like a date. Could you invite other coworkers to join you in the send off meal and still get that quality time? (That would definitely make it "not a date.")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00