Incapable.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by SmolderingIce, Nov 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmolderingIce

SmolderingIce Well-Known Member

I keep meeting people. I feel like I have to in order to fill this lonely void inside of me. But I can't get close to anyone. I try, I know how to make them like me.. But I can't get myself to feel anymore. There's this great guy, and I like spending time with him.. But I don't feel for him like he feels for me. And I want to.. I want to feel for someone. I had a 4 month relationship with a guy who was perfect for me. I loved being with him.. But when he told me he loved me, I knew I couldn't say it back..

I'm incapable of feeling.. And all I want is to know how to do that again..

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I am sorry you feel as you do. Sometimes the lonliest feeling in the world is not when actually alone but when with others that you cannot connect with in a meaningful way. I do not know much of your backstory and I am sure you have reasons that these things are difficult for you , but a few quick thoughts....

4 months is not a long time to gain real trust if you have had problems in the past so not feeling fully open and committed and in love after 4 months is not "strange".
    If you enjoy spending time with people it is fine to do that without feeling obligated to pretend it is more than that. Be honest and let them decide.
    It is possible that in th e2 cases mentioned you have not done anything wrong and there is nothing "broke" in you at all - not everybody is the right person for you even if they are kind and meet all the "check the box" criteria. Because you do not feel the same way about somebody else does not mean they are right and you are wrong....

Take Care and Be Safe

Ben

3. Moat

Moat Banned Member

I know exactly what you mean back in my old,high school high school days (kindergarten - 6 (public school) and years 7-12 (high school) (none of that 'junior high nonsense) I also had a crush on a girl name Erin, who did not feel anything for me beyond friendship, but a decade later, on my first and only time on facebook I reunited with her and confessed then I had that i had a huge crush on her. But enough about me.

I am sorry, but what i am about to say is the biggest cliche there is;; while he says he loves you, there is no pint in being with him, if your heart truly cannot return the feelings he has for you. I know it is difficult to se him every day and talk to with him almost every day, but from what you aid, you said, you just do not share the same feelings as he does does to you. You can be friends, sure (plutonic relationship) but you should not follow your mid in matters when i comes to love but leave love u to your heart, because it is the one thing you hve that can can tell you with 100% certainty of the person that that you will fall in love with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.