Increased suicidal thoughts in last month

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Fucksake, Sep 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fucksake

Fucksake New Member

In the last month my depression and anxiety has gone from functioning to full blown missed the last week of work but i was too embarrassed to call in so ive fucked that one .... long line of failures

Anyway this last month has been my hardest yet i just couldnt do it anymore and had constant suicidal thoughts at work that were just making it impossible for me to think. A couple of weeks ago i decided it was the night to end it which come to think of it is pretty scary but i ended up pussying out anyway like the pathetic failure i am, but these suicidal thoughts are like my coping mechanism i feel like there is an option out of this shit but i cant stop thinking about it its on my mind almost constantly

Sorry im rambling i just needed to get this shit out really i havent told anyone my friends and family just think its a little bit of depression but nothing serious

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Have you tried to get any real professional help for these thoughts through medication or counseling? In general these things do not fully resolve themselves without being treated. It is worth getting help because you deserve to feel better.

Take Care and Be Safe

- Ben

3. Fucksake

Fucksake New Member

Yeah im on anti depressants and awaiting counselling but what im really struggling with is the fact iis see no point in being alive, the world is too negative for me i just dont feel any happiness or joy

4. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

That is the typical symptoms and outlook of all of us when dealing with depressive episodes. Meds and counseling give tools and ability to deal with things enough to make real changes to bring meaning and happiness. While dealing with the skewed perceptions of depression all seems impossible or pointless. No happiness or joy. pointlessness- those are exact definitions of feelings associated with depression- that doe snot mean that in reality those thongs cannot or do not exist. Just right now in your world they do not, but they can again if you use the meds and counseling to get into a place where you can make the changes needed.

What is it that is "wrong" or upsetting you about your life or the world right now specifically?

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there and welcome to the forum. Are you going to go into work next week? Being depressed and mentally unstable is nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed about. You wouldn't be apologising for having a heart attack so don't be apologising for having a mental illness. You say you are in therapy...has it helped much? or at all? or never? What anti depressants are you taking? Perhaps you need them adjusted or changed? That's something you need to discuss with the prescriber!

No matter what happens we will be here for you, you can count on us!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.