Increasing Sleep problems

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Yatt295, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yatt295

Yatt295 New Member

Hi I'm a relatively normal person and I've never had any major psychological problems besides some minor depression that has since passed but recently I have had recurrent homicidal dreams which I cannot forget about which happen atleast once a week the one the stands out the most is of me killing a handicapped child I also sometimes suffer from sleep paralysis and I have constantlly found myself awake in the middle of night drenched in sweat after experiencing these night mares and I was wondering if anyone has experienced similar problems and if it is "normal" or if I should begin to worry about mental state?
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Often stress brings out these terrible dreams hun or if you have been triggered at all. I would definetly talk to your doc about it but mental state is just probably overwhelmed and is releasing the stress through dreaming
  3. BeingMe

BeingMe Well-Known Member

Stress is a major factor when it comes to sleep, things run around in your mind constantly and the fact you cant sleep worries you further and you get yourself into a horrible cycle.
    The lack of sleep then causes your brain to put its self into a deep sleep when you do finally drift off but the worries and horrors deep in you subconscious come out into your dreams.

I would recommend trying to have a hot bath/shower an hour just before you want go bed, 30 min before you want to go sleep turn off the tv, computer ect and just lay in bed (soft music if that helps) and try to have a natural good night sleep. if this doesnt work i would go to the doctors and ask him for some light sleeping pills and see if that works.

Once you've had a few nights of good sleep you might find that the dreams and your sleep pattern returns to normal.

Good luck and i hope to hear from you :hug:
  4. Severijn

Severijn Well-Known Member

I have the same problem... sleep paralysis, and I sleep quite badly lately.

I don't think nightmares are always an indication of some other mental problem. So it definitely could be that there's no problem really.

Nightmares come and go... Sometimes there are just phases.

Do you think some sleep medication can help you?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.