Indecisiveness,& always regretting decisions

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by The Depressed Puppy, Apr 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Depressed Puppy

The Depressed Puppy Well-Known Member

It's extremely hard for me to make choices. It can take forever,hours.

I need people to help me choose, because I rarely can by myself.i either take hours, or ending up buying both. It's effecting my life, it's that bad.

Then I regret almost all of my decisions. & I overthink it. I regret for a very long time.

2. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I have the same problem perhaps in a different way. I freeze if I have to make decisions or choices. It can be frighting. Especially for important choices. There are people who have gotten very angry with me when I froze because I could not make an important choice. What do you think has caused you to have this problem? Do you know? Just curious. I know what I think caused me to have the problem.

3. The Depressed Puppy

The Depressed Puppy Well-Known Member

No, I don't know. Wish I did.9

4. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I was always told that every decision I made was wrong. From what I chose to wear to school. To what I chose to eat for lunch and every decition in between. I was corrected when I made a decision. And I was often not even allowed to make decisions. That is what set me up for this lifetime of thinking I am always making the wrong decision.

5. normaljoe

normaljoe Well-Known Member

I regret a lot of things in my life. Most major decisions in my life are regrettable but that is life for me. I made another choice recently to get out of the military to pursue law school. I have no job lined up. I am moving in with a friend in a state I do not know anyone with no health care. Im terrified that I made another mistake but only time tells. and if i did then I will just figure it out from there. I try not to focus on what I regret, i know its hard, but rather put that effort into planning for the future. it doesn't always work but it helps to ease my choices when they do appear.

6. NickA8326

NickA8326 Active Member

The best advice that I can offer, is try to turn off logic during those confusing moments, and rely on only your animalistic emotions/impulses, and do what feels right to you, and if you can't tell what feels right to you, then try to go based on only emotions alone. I visualize it as being like a parallel set of streams, each stream being of a different color, each flowing a substances all next to each other. Sometimes in order for me to get passed what you're describing, I have to block off certain streams, so I can rely just on one, or certain specific streams, strange I know, but I used to suffer from decision making, and this is how I got passed it. Learn to be the animal that you are, love and embrace yourself, the genes that make up what you are, your appearance and genetic based thoughts, is you.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.