Indifference - how good/wrong is not to have any opinions on anything?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by paul1990, Oct 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paul1990

paul1990 Active Member

Hello there,

alongside with my depression for over past few years I´ve also become very indiferent person. I´m not religious, I don´t have any political beliefs, in general I don´t take sides anymore. I´ve never been religious, but at least I used to have all sorts of political or social opinions on what might be the best social order in the world or what is good and evel, what to support and what not, what is worth fighting for and what against; and about year or two ago I´ve stopped to care about any of it. Sure this has a lot to do with my sucicidal and depressive state, but at the same time I feel like very independent, like liberated, like this might be actually good for me, even though I´m still not sure and that´s why I´m asking about your opinion (which interests me in this case:). Mainly if it´s good for me to loose some sort of stress and worries about always thinking something about anything, or do you think the indifference might actually hurt me, or can hurt in general. Should I attach myself to any social/political beliefs and statements or should I rather be happy not having those worries burden upon me?

Because the way I see it there are two types of people: ones who got their beliefs and based on them tries to change the world and ones who don´t give a damn about anything and tries to adapt on the world the way it is. And I wonder to whih type you relate yourself and why?

Thank you in advance for your further opinions.
    Paul

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Since this recent bout of depression, well I say recent it's been 7 years :laugh: , I have become very apathetic about everything.
    Before, I was a campaigner about everything, felt deeply on political and social issues; now it's a constant struggle to give a damn.
    So am thinking it is all tied into the depression, well I hope so anyway, I wouldn't like to think I've turned into one of those people who never feels passionately about anything :unsure:

3. Lps

Lps Well-Known Member

hey there Paul - Maybe it's that people who care a lot about changing the world...get more frustrated. People who don't try, never push that hard, so they never get frustrated. I hear that apathy is the human response to overwhelm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.