Inevitable?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Kris.T, Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kris.T

Kris.T Well-Known Member

Okay, I know that suicide is not something that is inevitable, and can be prevented quite easily in some cases. But what I'm wondering is do some people just feel like it is inevitable, that no matter what happens in their life, they can see that at some point they are going to finally be able to commit suicide? I've had the feeling for a while, that nothing is really going to stop me from doing it.. it might not be in the near future but my life will end by my own hands.

2. termy

termy New Member

Suicide is generally viewed as a solution to all problems, kind of like a plan that you know will work if all else fails.

What ends up happening, however, is that most people find a reason to go on. For example, you have a very philosophic view on things, so you will most likely find that life is worth living for because of all the things that must be figured out. Kind of like Socrates.

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Depression distorts all of our perceptions, so sometimes we feel so trapped...but no, suicide is NOT inevitable...especially with support and caring...big hugs, J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.