infatuated/in love ? with my boss

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by gem77, Dec 31, 2012.

1. gem77

gem77 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure where to start but basically before i begin i wish to know how you get over someone or get them to like you.

I currently have a temp job and have been working at this place for just a few weeks. I'm totally in love or infatuated with my boss..not sure which one it is yet. Every time he is around or smiles at me i get all nervous and go weak in the knees over him. He is not overly good looking but i am drawn to him, he interests me. when he smiles at me my head goes fuzzy and i cant get my words out sometimes which hurts because he probably goes away thinking im weird or something. he is the kind f person who is friends with everyone plus theres this girl he has known for a few years and has a crush on. im not being biased or anything but she isnt a very nice person, she is quite rude at times and bossy and judges people on appearance. It drives me crazy that he likes her as she clearly isnt nice..but shes nice to him. They are not going out but they flirt alot and you can tell that shes a bit of a tease and likes to lead hime on as he is totally smitten with her. i get days where i light up seeing him and am totally taken with him and sometimes i get days where im annoyed at his behaviour when he's around her as he changes when she's there. I can't do anything about it as he is my boss plus they've know each other alot longer and im the newbie. I dont know him that well but i light up when i see him and it kills me that i will be leaving him soon when my contract ends. The other day i opened up to him as i have had problems going on at home and he noticed and encouraged me to confide in him which i did, part way through our talk when i tried to open up to him i caught him smirking at me so clearly he is very immature. plus i think he mentioned something to the girl he fancies which im furious about but cant do anything as i have no proof. when he's with her he is more immature, mean and hard to be around. my head tells me that this is his nature but when he's nice to me its like he pulls me back to liking him.

....has anyone been in a similar situation where they've blindly liked someone and please share our thoughts of how you got over them [or didnt]. Or how you got them to like you.

thanks for taking the time to read this.

2. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

When a man is into you, you don't need to question it because it's obvious. Also, he's taken. Forget about it. Don't be jealous, he'll never love you as long as he's into someone else. Keep doing your job; these infatuations are merely that and fade away as quickly as they began. Your job and the quality of work you produce is more important. You wouldn't want to start a romantic relationship in the workplace anyway. Stop.

3. gem77

gem77 Well-Known Member

thank you for responding. i know what you're saying is right but i cant help how i feel. i got transferred a week ago [totally unrelated] so i dont see him anymore. but i do think it was more than an infatuation as my heart truly aches when i know i cant see or talk to him again. i guess i would have settled for being friends with him but its too late now anyway. i have other problems at home but today i felt the urge to cut again as he was my distraction, my salvation from it all....and now he's gone.

4. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way. Try to think of it this way: it wasn't meant to be. And who knows? A heartbreak could have been down the road and you've been spared; and still single for someone who can actually care for you and love you. I hope you feel better soon.

5. gem77

gem77 Well-Known Member

thank you. you make a lot of sense. i do try to tell myself that but i guess my feelings will disappear in time. the rational part of my brain knows he wouldn't treat me completely right [ some things ive noticed about his character] however it is hard to get over someone when you work with them [ i just found out today that he is being transferred to work in the same department as me in two weeks]. i guess what scares me is that i could hurt myself badly over him. i guess im desperate to be loved, hopefully i will find someone who truly notices me in time. I hope you are ok. Take care x