Infected wound

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by blub, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blub

blub Guest

Uhm I was just wondering this a week ago, but thought it would go over, a few cuts look infected and one really is, with pus etc, kinda nasty. The cuts are from at least 2 weeks ago and healing kinda slowly, but they were pretty deep. Anyway its still infected. Is it really necesarry to go to a doc or will I just be fine in a while? Do I get realy sick or something? Feeling sick, dizzy, headache and fainted last week, maybe because of the infection? I dont know, maybe its because of my anti depressive meds or i'm just sick, lot of people are here. I'm just wondering what happens if I wont go.

2. ybt

ybt Guest

i would go see just to get his/her opinion

3. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Blubs, go to the doctor please.

4. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

Ive asked a few people Blubs in chat, and they think you should see a Doc. Any time a wound gets infected its best to be on the safe side, im not sure feeling sick, being dizzy etc is related to the infection, but please see a Doc. Worse case scenerio of an infection is blood poisoning I think, and possible death...so I dont want you taking any unneccessary risk :hug:

5. LeaveMeAlone

LeaveMeAlone Well-Known Member

depending on what you cut it might actually fall off.

but yes also blood poisoning, skin necrosis, and my god will you suddenly find out what pain feels like!!!!

6. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

BLUBS !!!!! GET TO THE FUCKING DOCS !!! if you are feeling sick and have pus coming out of your arm, you need anti-biotics ASAP!!!!

7. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Hun, please go to the doctor. It is important you do. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.