Infections?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Deaths_Angel, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deaths_Angel

Deaths_Angel Guest

I was wondering if it is posiable to get an infection underneither a scar after it heals. and I was woundering if there is a way to make sure there isnt with out opening it? Can any one help me?????

2. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

If a scar heals then likelihood is there is no infection. There is a chance of a blood infection and symptoms include fever, feeling cold, looking ill and can lead to symptoms of shock but if you had this, the condition gets worse fast and you'd most probably be in hospital or even dead by now. Why are you asking? Are you worried about your scar?

3. Deaths_Angel

Deaths_Angel Guest

Kinda becuase I cut preety deep about a month ago and It looks differnt from all my other cuts. I mean where it was the deepest it is a darker pink than the rest. But it does not hurt, not ozzy has fresh skin over it. Not scaley or anything it is just a darker pink the rest of the scar. Kinda like there is blood cought under the new skin.

4. LaLaLullaby

LaLaLullaby Well-Known Member

Some of my scars are pink (they're deep). I don't think there's anything wrong. Just another type of scars. Look up keloids?

5. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

It could just be that where you cut the deepest took more skin to heal, thus more pink? Maybe..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.