Infinite Sadness in Hospital

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by InfiniteHubby, Jun 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InfiniteHubby

InfiniteHubby New Member

Hi All,

This is Infinite Sadness' husband. I'm not sure where to post this... I just wanted to post a message regarding her status and condition. I took her into emergency and she was admitted to the hospital this afternoon, and might be there for a number of days.

To her friends and contacts here: please do not be alarmed, she is going to be OK, she went in as a precautionary measure to seek treatment. she has family that loves her very much for support, and I will be with her as much as I can on a daily basis until she has a treatment/therapy plan in place and and can be released.

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers, as I'm sure she will appreciate it.

cheers :)

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Thank goodness she has someone to care abt her I hope the stay there brings her stability and healing. Thanks for the update she will be in our prayers.

3. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Thanks for letting us know how she is doing. She is lucky to have a caring husband like you in her life. :)

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Thanks for letting us know :smile: Keep us updated :hug:

5. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

Thanks for telling us :) :hug: and tell her im proud of her :)

6. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

So glad to hear she is getting the help she needs.
    Thank you for letting us know. Hazel

7. InfiniteHubby

InfiniteHubby New Member

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts :)

Infinite Sadness was moved from the emergency psych department up to her own room in the in-patient ward. I will be going in later today to speak with her doctor to find out what's going on, and what kind of options they will have available for some treatment programs.

I will keep you all posted, thanks again for keeping her in your thoughts and prayers. I'm so glad that she has found you all on here to support one another, it has really meant a lot to her!

:wink:

8. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Thanks for letting us know how she's doing. :) Let her know we're thinking of her!

9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Thank you for keeping us filled in on her status. I also want to thank you for your willingness to support her. So often times it is so difficult for people to understand they abandon their friends and loved ones when they need them most. It is just as stressful on those surrounding the person with MI as it is to be that person. So my heartfelt thanks to you. Take care of yourself as well. Should you need a little extra support in dealing with all of this, we are here for you, too. Give her our love and I hope she gets everything in place that she needs to get through. :hug:

10. InfiniteHubby

InfiniteHubby New Member

Thanks GentleLady, that means a great deal :)

My first wife (this is my second marriage) was severely Bipolar with chronic PTSD from sexual abuse when she was a young teen, and after living with her and having our marriage fall apart because her mental illness, I have learned a great deal of patience and understanding from that experience. I am thankful for that now as it's been a blessing in this situation.

My mother has also been MI since before I was born, and my family has always been very loving, caring and supportive of one another. I'm just happy that I am able to pass it on and share it with someone as special as my wife :) I don't want to think of how this may have turned out for our Daughter if I wasn't here.

thanks again for the heartfelt support, you guys rock! :hugtackles:

11. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Please send her our best and let us know if we can support you as well...big hugs, J

12. Infinite Sadness

Infinite Sadness Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for the support guys. :wub:
    It really means a lot to me.
    I am out today on a day pass and it feels weird and exciting at the same time. I am a little nervous about being here at home for the first time in a week (there are sharp things here and lots of pills) but I go back in tonight for 9pm. I am getting help in there so that is what matters most. I am thankful to have such a supportive hubby and the support of you wonderful folks on here as well. I just wish I had internet access in there! :hug:

I am just going to take it easy today, dye my hair black, give some lovin' to the pets, load up my mp3 player and grab my ukulele to bring in as was suggested as part of my therapy by my in-house psychologist.. even though we are both pretty sure it will annoy the nurses some *smirks*

I miss you SF. :cry: :heart:

13. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

So glad to here you are doing well and getting what you need..we are here for you always.
    Love and hugs Bambi

14. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am so glad you have found a place to feel safe. Do what it takes for you to get well. Stop in when you can and know you are in my thoughts. :hug:

15. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Sending big hugs and caring thoughts for the next time you can read this...:missyou:...J

16. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

So glad your doing well IS, keep up with the in patient program, its obviously helping you. and we will be ehre when you get back :arms:

17. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

Hey, I miss you there is no one I really talk to anymore I miss our chats a lot. I hope you get better soon, you deserve every bit of happiness in the world take care and look after yourself, please do not forget me.

Rich :hugtackles:

18. Infinite Sadness

Infinite Sadness Well-Known Member

Hello... :hiya:

It's Canada Day today so I am out on an extended weekend pass. I am staying out for my first overnight tonight at home. Happy Canada Day to any Canucks out there :canucks:. Hospital is going well. I am in more therapy, two OT groups per day and I have gathered the guts to join the relaxation group in the afternoon. I have had a couple of meltdowns but have survived using the skills they are teaching. I LOVE coming on here and reading your well wishes, they are keeping me sane and grounded..thank you so much from the bottom of my :heart:!

I don't think I will be using the whole pass as I don't feel up to staying out all weekend. I have ben sober for 12 whole days but I feel like I could get into stuff I shouldn't if I stayed longer.

Sending *BighugZ and thanks* to Bambi, gentlelady, Sadeyes, mysheep and Rich, I will never forget you. :heart:

I want to wish all my friends and those I speak to here on SF well. I hope you guys are alright.. :hugtackles:

19. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Happy Canada day hun. Good luck on the weekend pass, even if you can't use the whole thing. It shows they feel you can be trusted to make the best decisions concerning your recovery. Congratulations on the 12 days sober. One day at a time, so here is to 13 :cheer: Love ya tons hun. Continue taking care of yourself. You are worth every bit of that time. :hug:

20. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

She will be in my prayers. So will you and the rest of your family. Blessings..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.