injured at work

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Unzipped, May 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unzipped

Unzipped New Member

Hi,I am 41 yrs old from BC ,Canada,and have been dealing with SAD and depression since childhood.Recently,I have made positive moves in order to better my situation.I applied for and got a full time job.Three weeks after starting,I had a pallet fall on my leg,breaking it and putting me out of work.

I was laid off from a previous job,and with savings depleted,the new job came at a great time.Unfortunately,my injury happened mid cut off,leaving me just enough to cover rent with my last pay.Although it is a WCB covered injury,I'm told it will take 6 weeks to see any benefits.

So now I'm stuck at home,Right(driving) leg broken,with no way to support myself.I'm not sure how I'm going to eat for the next 6 weeks.I can't even drive somewhere to get help.I am getting seriously depressed again.I live alone,and have very little family support.

Just wondering if anybody has dealt with this situation,or have any suggestions on how to overcome this.I don't think i am suicidal yet,but have been in the past.This is easily a situation with potential to get me there.

Thanks for reading.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Is there no postion at your job that you can work on light duty until you can get back to health again some desk job where they can accommodate your injury that way you will not be alone Look into community agency that can help you with traveling there are volunteers that will drive you to where you need to be get your groceries for you Reach out to your neighbors i am sure they would help just some ideas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.