Inner Battle

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Wierd, Dec 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wierd

Wierd Well-Known Member

I have been experiencing a sort of inner battle in my mind since as far as I can remember. Part of me often wants to do one thing and part of me wants to do another, and for each thing I am driven to find reasons.. and no victory of an idea is permanent. I have never experienced complete relaxation, there is always some doubt or anxiety in my mind.

Is anyone else like this?
  2. meh__

meh__ Well-Known Member

im the same.. i have never felt completely relaxed or worry-free before in my life
  3. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

I am also this way. Never able to make up my mind about something...... dualty problems on everything even simple insignificant things....... for or against. It is driving me crazy at times. No way to relax or do anything the simple way.

hope you find a way to cope or fix this tendency.

be well and stay safe

4. martijn

martijn Active Member

Maybe it's not excactly the same.. But every choice I am faced with makes me uncertain and anxious.. It's like one part of me, the part that wants to hide from the public, doesn't want anyone to see my scars, know I'm depressed or whatever, that part has his opinion about what's right and that's usually what I do (when in public, at least) and acts like a 'normal' person, so that I don't draw too much unwanted attention to myself. Then there's the real me, that just wants to say how he really feels sometimes, just wants to scream, just wants to grab a razor, no matter where he is, and cut, just because he doesn't want to care anymore..

Everyday I am confronted with those feelings and try to find reasons for the one or the other. Usually my reason is that 'coming out' about who I am would change my life too drastically.
  5. SoulRiser

SoulRiser Well-Known Member

I've had similar issues. I've generally found that the one part is referring to what I really want deep down, and the other is what I think about it, and what I think I should do. I've found I tend to be happiest when I listen to the "deep down" one, but that usually involves beating the other one out of the way a bit at first until it learns to shut up :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.