Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by fromthatshow, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

It's obvious we live in an insane world. Bombs are dropped on innocent children. Millions starve while others dine at fancy restaurants.

Is insanity not a normal reaction to an insane world? Where else to look for sanity but the supposed insane?

If the world is insane, what does that say about us?
  2. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

Your mistaking injustice for insanity.
  3. fromthatshow

Could they be the same thing?
    Worldwide injustice with most people not giving a shit, that's quite insane I believe!
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

There's supposedly 'good' reasons why bombs are dropped on children, why millions starve, and why nobody cares. I guess looking into these reasons is a sane thing to do.
  5. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Justice is an artificial thing. It takes extraordinary effort. All nature is path of least resistance. It is obviously never going to happen 100% of the time.
  6. Aeterna

Aeterna Account Closed

Insanity is not a normal reaction to the world, because the world is sane.

There is a reason why bombs are dropped on innocent children, why millions starve, and why some people dine at fancy restaurants. It may not be a reason you like, nor will it be a reason you agree with, but it's still a reason.

People don't give a shit about others, mainly because their minds can't afford to worry about everyone else.

Ask yourself: Why would someone worry about someone else, in a far away country, who they will probably never, ever know? The truth is that there is no reason, and so people will rationally conclude that they shouldn't worry about others.

Insanity and rationality don't go hand-in-hand.

I'm not saying it's right, and I'm not saying that we shouldn't care for others. However, it certainly doesn't mean the rest of the world is insane.
  7. LastCrusade

LastCrusade Well-Known Member

maybe like a forumner once quoted, "we are living in a prison without walls." Perhaps to face an unfair world trials and tribulations over and over again, to live life over and over again as well until we learn the meaning of life which is about love, sacrifice and forgiveness. at the end of the road, we return to face our creator and give him an account of how we did in our life on earth. maybe, just maybe.
  8. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

I agree to a point. "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society". Everyone can see the cracks in society, yet they persist because a few profit from it and we don't have the collective will necessary to stop them.
  9. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

To be insane is to be void of the mental ability to function in society. The inability to conform. Dropping bombs on innocent people isnt insanity, it is just the product of the greed and oppertunism of the people in power of society.
  10. fromthatshow

The greed and ruthlessness, the lack of collective will to stop it, all insanity I think. And I like that quote from 2 posters up :D
  11. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

Greed and ruthlessness are just examples of self preservation, a trait which every species has. Of course the examples you gave are extreme, but without greed and corruption our society would never have been able to advance as far as we have.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.