Insecure

My right arm is littered with self harm scars. They're ugly and gross, and no matter what ointments I use they're not going away. I hate them, because it reminds me of all the times i was weak and had to do something so stupid. Whenever my parents see them they also look so disappointed and frustrated, I just want them gone but I can't stop.
I feel disgusting. I feel huge, and fat, and awful. Sometimes I just want to rip my flesh off and be nothing but bones. Maybe then I won't be So ugly.

I don't know what to say, other than you are not alone. I can understand how you feel because I have ugly self harm scars too. A lot of them. It is my biggest insecurity, although I see myself as totally unappealing in general too.

Sevven

I have a really sweet friend who falls in love with girls because they have scars. They're a part of you, you chose them and they say something about you. How that message is perceived will be different for everyone. When I see sh scars I think, "Hell, I already know this person and I relate on a very intimate subject." However mine are mostly on my legs because it's easier to keep those constantly covered without raising any eyebrows.
As far as the body rage, I've felt those exact things. And one feeds the other. Do you have anyone you talk to irl? Whether you do or not, I'm glad we have this site.

As far as the body rage, I've felt those exact things. And one feeds the other. Do you have anyone you talk to irl? Whether you do or not, I'm glad we have this site.
I talk to some people online on my instagram, but nobody irl feels comfortable bringing this subject up. I'll say something about how awful I feel about my appearance and they'll respond with 'oh maybe buy new clothes!' or something like that.

Sevven

I talk to some people online on my instagram, but nobody irl feels comfortable bringing this subject up. I'll say something about how awful I feel about my appearance and they'll respond with 'oh maybe buy new clothes!' or something like that.
No one knows how to be sincere We live in the facebook age when all we care about is carefully crafted image to the point where there is, at times, literally no substance behind it. How can a shadow talk to you? All they can advise about is superficial bullshit.
It's hard regardless, to help someone deal with issues that are usually tied to deeply ingrained problems, but at least here we'll be real with you!

Shorty92

I don’t know what you have in mind but just a few ideas:
  1. Bio oil - takes a lot of time I had a massive deep scare on my leg where I fell down a tree and a branch went in my leg. Maybe about 2 years I started to feel ok with getting my legs out and now over 10 years it’s hard to see it. This was applying it every morning and night religiously and bathing in the stuff.
  2. Cosmetic surgery - there are many treatments to reduce scars.
  3. Heavy duty makeup- the stuff that covers tattoos etc.
  4. Tattooing - do your research some great tattooist out there who do cover up for scars.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
it reminds me of all the times i was weak and had to do something so stupid.
Maybe try looking at things from a different angle? See those scars as having come through those dark moments, each scar as a battle you've fought with yourself and won because you are still here, still standing.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00