Insecurities help

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Claws, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Claws

Claws Active Member

I get so insecure and feel frustrated in my relationship, knowing the person I'm with talks to women all day(work).I know it's stupid, jealous, anxiety etc and I want it to stop, but ever since my sadness has worsened my worries of losing him to someone else(who he works with) are greater. I haven't been to the docs about my feelings about maybe having depression due to being scared. I feel my insecurities are pushing him away, he's put up with it for ages now.I need help in a way I guess, how do I make these thoughts go away? He hasn't given me a reason not to trust him but I think he'd cheat with anyone, how bad am I, thinking about that about him who I love and who's helped me a lot.
  2. Lisani

Lisani Member

You're not bad! My bf is on the other side of the world right now and I often wonder what he's about. I'm not so sure it's unhealthily jealous to worry, sure there's a point that goes too far, perhaps, but telling him how you feel might make things better. Maybe he can reassure you that he's not cheating, at the very least, and maybe you can talk about why you feel so insecure. Whatever you do, you've got to find an outlet for those feelings; their intensity alone can push others away, especially when the other person doesn't understand why you're feeling them.

Take care.

3. Belladonna

Belladonna Well-Known Member

You are so normal. They had an episode with this theme in Grey's anatomy where the wife was jealous of her husband spending so much time with his female assistants.

Have you discussed the way you feel with him, maybe explain your feelings and where they come from so he can understand and reassure you? If he doesn't feel acccused, he maybe open to shooting you a text or email during the day so you know he's thinking of you.