Insomnia... again

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by thepainwithin, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thepainwithin

thepainwithin Well-Known Member

I haven't been able to sleep in 3 weeks. Well, not entirely, but I'll go to bed at 11 or midnight, and just lay there for 5 hours. I try OTC sleep aids, they don't even put me to sleep. Tonight, I didn't sleep for a minute. I laid in bed from 1 to 5, took a 15 minute shower to try to relax, laid in bed until 6 and finally gave up. Now I am so tired but I have so much to do today. I start class at 11 and only have 3.5 hours of down time until 10 PM tonight. Ughhh this is sooo frustrating, I just want to sleep. I slept like a baby Saturday night, 12+ hours, I didn't get out of bed until almost 1. But go figure, when I have to go to bed early and I have stuff to do the next day I can't sleep at all.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hope you can talk to your doctor h un get some ideas on how to shut down okay Change up your routine stay up all day quiet music night warm bath read change up things okay so your body changes as well hugs
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I don't think sleep aids always work like they are supposed to. There must be other ways you can fall asleep, maybe some you haven't even tried yet. I hope that you will be able to get a full night's rest very soon.
  4. Prox

Prox Active Member

You could try some conventional stuff, like a warm glass of milk, soft lyricless music, etc...?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.