Insomnia At A Cost...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotSoNormal

Haven't been able to sleep without help in years. I usually take my Ambien but unfortunately I've built up a tolerance so I run out the bottle pretty quickly. I asked my doctor to give me a higher dose since I built up a tolerance which makes sense so I expected her to understand the obvious. But instead she said she legally can't. I didn't know what to do because I need to sleep. So I started eating all the store night drugs you can think of...which is where it becomes a problem. Not for me but for....him..once anything becomes inconvenient to him is where he makes sure to shine his brightest. "Why can't you sleep, just close your fucking eyes". But baby you've known for years I've got insomnia to the fullest, you think i wanna just not sleep..."Ugh your so annoying. Whatever I hate you"...thanks babe..so now with no pills of any sort , its 3 in the morning and all i can think of is.... how happy I am in my head looking down from a cliff. I always picture myself smiling over a cliff just dangling my feet over a few thousand feet. Freedom when I look down is what I see.

Sorry that you're going through this

I'm not sure if you want suggestions for treating insomnia, but I could try to offer those if you'd like.

I hope things can get better soon

Legate Lanius

Don't know if you're already doing these, you probably are but I'll list them anyway in case you missed one.

1. Never lay/sit in bed unless you're sleeping.
2. Fresh sheets, good personal hygiene.
3. Cool, dark and silent room.
4. Wake up at the same time every day, even weekends.
5. Go to bed when tired, don't stay up when tired.
6. No meals 4 hours to sleeping.
7. No caffeine after noon.
8. Get sunlight every day.
9. Don't have any anxiety (the hardest one).
10. Get daily exercise during the day.
11. Good diet.
12. Don't be sick.
13. Wear glasses that block the blue light /sunglasses/apps.
14. Relax you body part by part and exhale slowly, pausing before exhalation.

Are probably at least 10 more of those, but it's a start.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey, have you ever tried Dalmane? I used that in conjunction with Ambien a few years ago when I built up tolerance to the Ambien, it is addictive so be careful, it is a benzodiazepine sleeping tablet. Maybe worth a try? Btw, what dose of Ambien are you on?

I hope you find a solution soon *hug I feel for you x

NotSoNormal

Hey, have you ever tried Dalmane? I used that in conjunction with Ambien a few years ago when I built up tolerance to the Ambien, it is addictive so be careful, it is a benzodiazepine sleeping tablet. Maybe worth a try? Btw, what dose of Ambien are you on?

I hope you find a solution soon *hug I feel for you x
10mg of Ambien so I take two of them because of my tolerance

HappyKitty

Works during the day, doodles at night.
Hi there! Have you tried melatonin tablets? They are usually available over the counter.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melatonin

However, I wonder if they would work for you as you became tolerant to Ambien. I'm also an Ambien user and melatonin tablets don't do anything to me but I know someone for whom they do help. It varies from person to person.
it works for me 😺

HappyKitty

Works during the day, doodles at night.
What do you mean by that?
Meaning. I can understand insonmia is hard. Even for doctors. Sometimes we need to accept that it is and I agree to the above that there are methods. It takes a while. My kind of method would always be:
1) If you can't sleep, don't do anything during the day to stress you out when your mind probably can't focus. It's okay to be lazy even if its gonna take a month or up till a year. The only challenge is to not let other people tell you otherwise.
2) If you can, even if its less than 8hrs, continue napping during the day until you can target that you get 6hrs.
3) When you know you can sleep at some point, discipline yourself to always be on bed at 10pm and wind down at 6pm.
4) Controlling anxiety is important next when you had enough rest. Slow down your mind, unwind everything at the end of the day or take breaks at every hour or both.
5) Track your sleep to see what works for you.
6) Oh yea, if you can't sleep and feeling restless in general during the day, try making yourself extra tired you'll knock out naturally.

Destressing is key here. Destress as much as possible. Change your thoughts to - "I want to sleep. I have to try sleep." Its not always because you can't.

Accept its fleeting, congratulate yourself when you can. *hug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00