Insomnia issues

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by DrNick1010, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrNick1010

DrNick1010 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any thoughts/suggestions for dealing with insomnia? I've had it pretty bad lately. I can basically only fall asleep while watching TV or Netflix right now and no matter how tired I feel, I lie down with the intent of sleeping and my mind just goes crazy. It's been lasting for 30-60 minutes nearly every night and then when I do fall asleep, most of the time I only sleep for a half an hour and then wake up again for a long time. What's also weird is that I can't sleep in at all the next day, even when I certainly have the time. My mind won't let me sleep past 7:30 or 8 even if I was up until 3 or 4 the past night. It's really been getting to me lately because it just sucks all the energy out, which my depression is already doing. I can't write and I don't have the energy or motivation to do anything but lay on the couch and watch TV all day. It's practically eating me alive right now. I know diet and exercise can help. I've never been the most healthy eater, but I've been taking vitamins lately and trying to get out every day for a walk or a bike ride and still the restlessness at night.

Anyone have thoughts on this? I'm not on anti-depressants at the moment and Tylenol PM is the only sleep aid I've ever used and it's always been unpleasant.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Change your rountine see if that helps watching tv is a stimulate so it will not help shut mind down quiet music read a book and yes drinks something warm before you go to be
    take a warm bath but try changing your rountine some that might help hugs
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.