1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

insomnia

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by insiiideouuut, Jul 24, 2013.

1. insiiideouuut

insiiideouuut Well-Known Member

Don't have a long rant about it or anything. I'm too tired to rant, but I do feel like I'm going slowly crazy from the lack of sleep I've been suffering from these past 6 months. The most sleep I can get every night is 2-5 hours...and I've not had a full 8 hours of sleep since early Feb. My mind is foggy and dull and I feel on edge/full of anxiety constantly. It's made my depression 1000x worse too and I'm going on anti-depressants soon. Can anyone relate?

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hi there, I can relate. I used to suffer from insomnia until I was prescribed sleeping pills which work wonders. :hug: I know its horrible and makes you feel like you're going crazy but with the help from professionals you can get it under control.

3. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

There's also a possibility - if you have caffeine in your diet (I myself used to drink 5+ cups of coffee per day - and my sleep wasn't that good), that can affect it too. But as *music* said - professional help can be useful.

If you lack exercise, that could be another reason - you're not wearing your body out physically to the point of needing to sleep.

But these are generally a couple of first noted pointers - I might be suggesting things you've tried.

4. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

the only thing that annoys me about lack of sleep is getting my days mixed up.

nothing worse than thinking it's saturday- and do thing you'd usually do at the weekend, and then later on get a huge shock to your system and find out it's wednesday or something.

that's happened to me countless times- and has caused some pretty embarrassing moments