Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by JustKindaThere, Jul 24, 2013.

1. JustKindaThere

JustKindaThere Well-Known Member

Don't have a long rant about it or anything. I'm too tired to rant, but I do feel like I'm going slowly crazy from the lack of sleep I've been suffering from these past 6 months. The most sleep I can get every night is 2-5 hours...and I've not had a full 8 hours of sleep since early Feb. My mind is foggy and dull and I feel on edge/full of anxiety constantly. It's made my depression 1000x worse too and I'm going on anti-depressants soon. Can anyone relate?
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, I can relate. I used to suffer from insomnia until I was prescribed sleeping pills which work wonders. :hug: I know its horrible and makes you feel like you're going crazy but with the help from professionals you can get it under control.
  3. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

There's also a possibility - if you have caffeine in your diet (I myself used to drink 5+ cups of coffee per day - and my sleep wasn't that good), that can affect it too. But as *music* said - professional help can be useful.

If you lack exercise, that could be another reason - you're not wearing your body out physically to the point of needing to sleep.

But these are generally a couple of first noted pointers - I might be suggesting things you've tried.
  4. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

the only thing that annoys me about lack of sleep is getting my days mixed up.

nothing worse than thinking it's saturday- and do thing you'd usually do at the weekend, and then later on get a huge shock to your system and find out it's wednesday or something.

that's happened to me countless times- and has caused some pretty embarrassing moments