Insomnia

Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by amroth, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amroth

amroth Active Member

Insomnia

Live to let go.
    Let go of reality.
    Let the illusion take control.
    Surrender your wishes.
    Surrender your dreams.
    Surrender all that come to means.

How does it feel, to feel alive?
    How does it feel, to scar a man?
    How does it feel, to take in all that is known?
    How does it feel, to watch it all crumble?

Destroy the castle of life you created.
    A wrecking ball for all the masses.
    Live inside a demon eye.
    A world of unknown for the awakened.

Slip farther and farther into this vortex.
    You and me become the same.
    Filling all the false imperfections.
    Filling all the worlds propaganda.
    Lay down inside your tomb of lies.
    Buried beneath the flicking flies.

On to a world we may know.
    On to a world of unknown.
    On to a world of illusion.
    On to a world of reality.

The mental unbalance shows no reason.
    The coffin breaks, all in season.
    Follow the flicker in the night.
    Follow damned howls of the dawn.

What we see is all illusion.
    What we feel is reality.

2. Darkness N Light

Darkness N Light Staff Alumni

Amroth,
    I think that your poem is very powerful. It is also deep and very emotional. You ask some very good questions in your poem and the way you ended it it so deeply emotional that it made me read the poem a second and third time. Take care and I love you. :hug: :cheekkiss :hug: :cheekkiss :hug: :cheekkiss :hug: :cheekkiss

With Love,
    Crystal :hug: :cheekkiss

3. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

Another amazing poem! I love the last two lines most. Simple words but deep in meaning. Keep writing!

4. amroth

amroth Active Member

It means so much to know that my words are felt. To know that I am someone who can mean something. For the first time I am at a loss for words, but my smile can speak for them. More shall come =)

5. amroth

amroth Active Member

Heya, I see your my-poetry site and I'm going to read some of yours as well as make one for me. How do I know my sites web address so I can link it?

6. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

Well, the my-poetry site is a little 'underdeveloped' to be honest. Its still not that advance yet so it could be a little inconvenient though. Just create an account first, and after posting all your poetry there and log out, just keep clicking on the 'home' link until you can see your username in the 'some random poems' list. Click on your username and when you go back to your poetry page you can just copy the link and paste it in your profile.

But if you prefer something more advanced where you can add graphics, change fonts and others, then I suggest you try out this site - allpoetry.com. Unfortunately, if you want more advanced features, then a little payment is required and since I am so broke so I didn't want to pay and so has been inactive for quite some time now. And since I am not using credit card so I couldn't. Maybe you wanna try that?

Well, just let me know when you have created an account, so I can put my comments on your poems :smile:.

7. amroth

amroth Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.