insomnia

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by whiskeylullaby, Jun 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiskeylullaby

whiskeylullaby Well-Known Member

just wondering if anyone has experienced insomnia as a symptom of depression? i've never had a problem sleeping in the past, but for the last 10 days i've not been able to go to sleep before 4 in the morning (its 440am where i am now) and i rarely sleep for longer than 3-4 hours. lol i just find it kind of bizarre that it has appeared out of nowhere. :insomnia:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2009
  2. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

I have to some extent. When I'm depressed I can't ever get to sleep so I have a terrible time sleeping (hence the reason I'm up at 3:48AM). Eventually though my body forces itself to sleep after days no matter how I'm feeling. Most of the time though I just force myself to sleep as long as I can because I have nothing to do when I'm awake.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Cosette,

I have never experienced it as a symptom of depression but I have from stopping meds abruptly or due to severe anxiety. You should probably consult your doctor :hug:

4. whiskeylullaby

whiskeylullaby Well-Known Member

well that makes sense, i'm in between doctors right now and have been off my meds for two weeks, which has been producing all kinds of fun side effects :yes: lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.