Insomniacs Unite! Longest period awake?

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by galalleni, Jun 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galalleni

galalleni Well-Known Member

Howdy All,

I want to know what the record for staying awake is. My personal record is 5 days after coming off of sleep meds (went from 10mg to none of ambein) - only fell asleep after a bottle of wine on the fifth day. Anyone else last longer and how'd you do it?

2. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Back before I was put on sleeping meds, I'd be awake around 6-8 days, then would pass out an hour and go back to days again without sleep, was a vicious circle.. Though, now and then go through periods of time where I can't sleep at night or go a day or more without sleep even with meds, but that has to do with going through periods of flashbacks and nightmares of past events.

3. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

There was a good month where I didn't know for most of the time whether I was asleep or awake, but I'm sure I slept through some of it.
    Probably I was awake at least 4 straight days once.

4. I went a week one time since I was manic fully awake and not able to sleep. Didn't even want to sleep either since I was on top of the world. I ended up in the hospital though and they put me on Ambien and Seroquel and I slept for a day and a half.

5. wallflower

wallflower Well-Known Member

Long enough to be deemed clinically insane.

6. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I don't believe I ever went for more than two or three days without sleep but when I was in high school I had unbelievable insomnia. I would go for weeks sleeping on average two or three hours a night. I was constantly spaced out in school and being laughed at when a teacher was waking me up when all the other kids had left a classroom.

People thought I was a burnout or a wino.

7. danni

danni Chat Buddy

5 days I took some wake pills to get me awake (dont ask why i took them :laugh: )
    anyways when i got home i passed out and went again.

8. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Wow! I can't even imagine being awake for 5 days! Longest I've ever gone is maybe 30-35 hours. At which point, I felt like I was going to die if I didn't sleep.

9. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Probably about 4 days one weekend when i established i had too much to do in too little time and had to get it done. So i just stayed up
    Whenever i find myself in a situation where i have too much to do my body manages to keep itself awake for days on end. Pretty handy

10. pckiller07

pckiller07 Member

about 8 days straight but i dont sleep more than 2hr total so i dont really know if thats my longest

11. purplefizz

purplefizz Senior Member

Holy hell, you guys. That is some serious insomnia. :blink:

Mine was 3 days, a few summers ago. It was horrendous.

12. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

Mine was 2.5 days I think...

13. PeaceBlueFire

PeaceBlueFire Well-Known Member

Only 53 hours the third weekend in September because I had too much on my mind for my body to shut down and let me rest.

14. 4-5 days at one point. I don't think I've slept for about 2 days at the minute, I feel kinda like a zombie :p

15. $MyName

$MyName Well-Known Member

I'm not realy an insomnica, though I do have trouble getting to sleep often (like right now), and my record is quite short - Only 44 hours, after having slept 3 hours the previously 'sleep'.

In the time I flew for about 3 hours (one way, then a return journey), stood up for at least 15 hours (straight) and afterwards walked about 15km.

16. PostBlue

PostBlue Member

About 3 days. I've got too much to think about and too much to do.

17. JustPernicious

JustPernicious Well-Known Member

11 days :barmy:

18. NPNS

NPNS Well-Known Member

7 Days.

19. Kunera

Kunera Well-Known Member

3 days is my record. Sometimes, I think way too much, and the only remedy is to play a game to get my mind off of things. Even then, if you can't sleep, you can't sleep.

20. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

2 Days. It would rocket to 10+ if you time with <3hrs of sleep a night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.