Inspirational

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Kaos General, May 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Hey people this is my story and i hope you gain some sort of hope from it.

Ok, im 25 years old and for the past 8 years have been suffering from bi-polar disorder. But i was addicted to heroin and crack for ten years which impacted massively on my mental health. Subsequently, sad to say i tried to kill myself 28 times in the last 8 years. Now i could bang on about how i got abused as a kid when i was in care, my mum died when i was 4 and i could use that as an excuse for me being addicted to class A drugs but the truth was i loved being off my face, i loved the feeling even though it was making me ill and more and more depressed. Now the turning point in my life came when i last got sectioned 21 months ago and subsequently found out i had Hepatitis C. Even worse news followed when i found out it was genotype 1B which has a 20 percent chance of treatment working. Then my auntie died which devastated me. After i found that out i sat on my bed and started thinking what i had actually achieved in my life and the answer was not a lot, so i made the first concious decision to sort my life out. I went into detox, went through rehab and sit here now 18 months clean, almost completed my first year of electrical engineering degree and i have had no suicide attempts since february 2007. Yeah sure the Hep C hasnt gone away but i got 25 years at least before it gets really bad. plus i still get my bad days like everyone else but i can manage my feelings better now.

Now if a drug addled bum like i was can find the best out of a very bad situation, i know you can, just remember you are worth it no matter what anyone says. Just believe in yourself and you will go far.
    :biggrin: :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.