Inspirations by Aquarius

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Aquarius123, May 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aquarius123

Aquarius123 Well-Known Member

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will;
    When the road you’re trudging seems all uphill;
    When funds are low and debts are high;
    And you want to smile, but have to sigh;
    When care is pressing you down more than a bit,
    Rest, if you must, but don’t ever quit.

Life can be queer with its twists and turns,
    As every one of us sometimes learns.
    But many a failure can turn about,
    And we could be winning, if only we stick things out.
    Don’t give up, even if the pace appears to be slow.
    You may succeed, with just one more blow!

Success is failure turned inside out;
    It’s the silver tint on the clouds of doubt.
    And you never can tell how close to it you are,
    It could be near, when it still seems very far!
    So, stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit.
    And when things seem at their worst.
    That’s the time when it’s most unwise to quit.

The way I see it, when things sometimes seemingly go wrong in our lives, it is always us who are out of step with the Universe and not the other way round. It is then more than likely that the energies that it is currently putting at our disposal wish to tell a different story and are trying to steer us into a different direction. If one seems to run into one invisible wall after another, when obstacle after obstacle rears its head, it is a safe bet that the Universe is attempting to give us a message that somehow we are barking up the wrong tree; and it may well be the case that it has something much better up its sleeve for us, if we but pay attention.

The world around us is always a mirror of what is taking place within us. Through its actions and reactions it is constantly trying to give us some kind of guidance. Therefore, it is always worth our while to pay attention to what is after all Universal guidance. When things are not going the way we would want them to, the time may have come for taking stock and for finding ways of getting back into harmony with ourselves and the lessons we have come to learn during this lifetime. To help us re-align our energies to those of the Universe, the time for making a change of direction in our lives may have come.

It almost goes without saying, but I will mention it anyway that because we have freedom of choice, we do not have to do anything of the kind. Yet, if you are a wise one, you will pay attention to whatever guidance comes your way. So, next time things seemingly go wrong in your life, why not try your hand at something else and look towards channelling your energies into different avenues of expression?

You can save yourself many disappointments by bearing in mind that doors will only ever open for anyone when they are meant to. And when one of them does, the experience can be like something one usually sees only in funny films. Having so got used to pushing and shoving uselessly at far too many doors, there may well come the moment, when – metaphorically speaking – we have found the right one. It then flies open so suddenly that it feels as if one was almost shooting out through the window, at the other end of the room. Why not try it out for yourself, sometime?

True trust and faith in ourselves, our life and the Universe can only grow in anyone through first hand experiences, like the one that is now before us. To enable us to learn to trust, when we try one door and it will not open for us, no matter how hard we try, when things seem to be going wrong, as they sometimes will, it is worth our while to reflect and have a bit of a dialogue with ourselves; something like this: ‘Let me see, this door is obviously not meant for me, maybe the Universe has something else for me in mind. So, I’ll be patient and wait for another opening, for come it will. Are things really going wrong in my life or is the Universe trying to give me a message that I need a change of direction?

‘Could this be happening for my own good and because the Universe loves me and knows my true wants and needs better than I do? Could it be protecting me against myself, because it wants me to find what is rightfully mine? Is it possible that something better is in store for me, something I might not have imagined even in my wildest dreams? Perhaps it would be better if I waited patiently for a while; maybe another chance will then come my way. Now, isn’t that better than despairing or even swearing at the Universe because it does not seem to wish to fulfil my wishes? Because I am your child, Universe, let me try the loving way instead. Alright, here I go! I love you and trust you, as you love and trust me. After all, that makes an awful lot of sense, you know!’

And when funds are low and debts are high, I need to ask myself: ‘Why am I not taking part in the Universe’s abundance? Is it because I am not sharing my own abundance with it, my gifts and talents, of which we all have many, with those around me? How can I increase my input into life, so that I can get more out of it? Do I need to be less selfish and think more about the good of the whole of society, life, the planet and the Universe? Why don’t I try and see what happens?’

With love and light,

2. Aquarius123

Re: When You Feel You Can’t Go On Please Hold On

Thank you for saying so!

God bless, dear Friend, and I hope you will soon begin to feel much better.

With love - Aquarius​
  3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

i have read that poem many times over the past years and it has meaning for so many occasions. Thanks for adding that Aquarius.
  4. Aquarius123

Don't you think we're all in need of re-reading that poem from time to time?

With love - Aquarius
  5. Re: When You Feel You Can’t Go On Please Hold On

It is beaytiful, but I don't believe a word of it, at least not in my case. I'm 51 and through having all this faith in God and how he has let me down, it just doesn't work for me. I think maybe I'm on this earth as an example of how NOT to be like. People can see me and my miserable life and be thankful for what they have. I think God is that cruel.
  6. sparky79

sparky79 New Member

new to this
    the skin of my teeth
  7. Aquarius123

Dear Sparky - if I can be of help in some way, please ask.

With love - Aquarius​
  8. Aquarius123

The courage to live

To those who have tried and seemingly failed,
    Reach out, dear Lord, and comfort them today;
    Those whose hopes have been dimmed,
    And whose faith has paled,
    Lift into the radiance of Your Divine torch of wisdom, I pray,
    And help them to trust again.

To all who are frightened, Lord, reach out a hand.
    To all who are hurt and helpless, come as their friend.
    Baffled and blind, they fail to understand the true purpose of life.
    They believe that this dark and tangled road is the end.

Touch with the flame of Your Heavenly fire all hope that has burned low
    And rekindle all faith that has gone dead.
    Help us, each one, to steadfastly go
    Following Your guidance that comes from within
    And lights for us all the way ahead.

Those who are stumbling and falling by the wayside,
    Help them to get up and walk among their fellow men,
    With love in their hearts and with faith and courage to try –
    Whenever it’s necessary, all over again.

Grace Noll Crowell
    Edited by Aquarius

9. Aquarius123

You're sick of the game?

You’re sick of the game? Well, now that’s a shame.
    You’re young and you’re brave and you’re bright.
    You’ve had a raw deal!’ I know – but don’t squeal,
    Buck up, do your damnedest, and fight.
    It’s the plugging away that will win you the day,
    So don’t be a piker, old pard!
    Just draw on your grit, it’s so easy to quit.
    It’s the keeping-your chin-up that’s hard.

It’s easy to cry that you’re beaten – and die;
    It’s easy to crawfish and crawl;
    But to fight and to fight when hope’s out of sight –
    Why that’s the best game of them all!
    And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
    All broken and battered and scarred,
    Just have one more try – it’s dead easy to die,
    It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

‘Rhymes of a Rolling Stone’​

What a beautiful world we live in! Looking at it, the age old question comes to mind: ‘Why is there so much sadness and suffering in it?’ Without finding an answer to this question and unable to see an end to our own misery and that witnessed throughout our whole world, it is all too easy for human minds to imperceptibly slide into ever deeper states of depression, until in the end for some suicide may seem to be the only way out.

The way I understand this life is that the deeper our spirit once moved into the experiences of Earth life and the more our earthly self developed its individuality, the weaker our link with the Source of our being grew. Although the recollection of this state gradually faded into the background of our conscious awareness, it was never lost altogether. The more intensely the small self suffers on the Earth plane, the stronger it feels its soul’s longing and yearning to return to its original state of Heavenly bliss, into the union with the One.

As the Greek philosopher Plato, ca. 428-347 BC once put it: ‘The soul yearns to fly home on the wings of love to the world of ideas. It longs to be freed from the chains of the body.’ And to ease our way home, the sadness and the suffering of our world need to be alleviated by an ever growing inner awareness that they are an essential part of every soul’s individual growth process. To enable us to move on to new experiences, we have to learn to let go of people, places, situations and their memories. The doors of the past need to be closed before we can fully enter the ones that are waiting to open for us today, but take heart because no experience ever comes our way for nothing. All of them together contribute to the way we handle the events that are before us now.

Every single day the Universe offers us all many chances for learning and growing, so that we may fully become our true self again. Through all its experiences the human soul gains new understanding and wisdom that helps it to progress in its personal evolution. Each has their own particular path to walk that is like no other. Our experiences are ours alone and there is no need to envy what someone else receives. For all of us life is constantly unfolding simultaneously and we all receive that which we truly need, at any given moment.

With love and light,

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2010
  10. Aquarius123

You are a special and unique being

My dear Friend - maybe the time has come for you to wake up to the fact that each one of us - including you and me - in their own way is special and unique. Just imagine in the entire history of the whole of Creation there has never been and never will be another being quite like you and me! Our eyes, hands, hair, handwriting, smile, voice and mind are unique to us. No-one walks, talks, thinks, acts or even meditates exactly the way we do. Nobody can paint our brush strokes or has exactly the same taste as we have for food, music, dance and other artistic endeavours. Nobody can perceive things quite the way we do; and no-one can feel our feelings. There has never been someone who laughs exactly the way we do, and what makes us laugh or cry, can have quite a different effect on someone else.

We are all different from everybody else who ever walked the Earth, and we are all specially gifted in some way. Even if others pursue the same creative activities as we do, everybody has their own special and unique way of expressing themselves. In the course of our evolution as individuals and through many lifetimes, we all have developed our own set of abilities. There always will be someone who is better than we are, at one thing or another; and everyone is likely to be our superior at least in one way. But do not overlook that this is valid for each one of us.

Every human soul has been provided by our Creator with a different set of gifts and talents. They have taken many lifetimes to develop and it is important to be grateful for them, to take good care of them and further develop them, to the best of our ability. The whole range of that which has been bestowed upon us produces a vibration and a sound that is uniquely our own. The entire human race is like a room that is filled with billions of musical instruments. Listening to the symphony they are producing together, it may seem to us as if some of the instruments in some way sounded better than ours. Don’t be disturbed by this, because it’s due to the fact that every instruments is a unique creation, to ensure that no-one matches exactly anyone else’s sound. No matter how hard they may try, it’s impossible!

We are all tiny particles of a vast whole, and the functioning of one is as important as that of all the others for the wellbeing of the whole. Every single one is rare and precious in the eyes of the One who created us. And whatever we imagine this being to be, even the greatest sceptic is bound to admit that we and our world cannot have appeared out of nowhere. Our Creator holds the Great Plan of life in His/Her loving hands and designed us to be exactly the way we are.

We are not some kind of a random and haphazard appearance, or some kind of a cosmic joke. We are in this life so that we may learn to love, appreciate and accept ourselves, just the way we are, because that is the way the Great White Spirit, who is our true Father/Mother, loves us and wants us to be. We all contain the seed of perfection and all we have to do is give of their best in all situations. This gradually brings forth ever more of our Divine qualities from within the very core of our own being.

With love - Aquarius

11. Aquarius123

Trust the veiled hand

Thanks and God bless to both of you. I do hope and pray that you'll soon start to feel much better.

Trust the veiled hand that leads
    None by the path they would [consciously] choose to go;
    And always be prepared for change,
    For the Universe’s law is ebb and flow.
    Arabic Wisdom​

Does that unseen hand sound to you somehow too menacing and threatening to be trusted, as it does to me? That is why I prefer to look at it as that which speaks to us and is the guidance from our Highest Self that comes from deep within the very core of our being. When we are in touch with the feelings that rise from this our inner world and we are willing to listen to them, they can tell us what is right or wrong, in any given moment. Our Highest Self is the veiled hand the Arabic wisdom spoke of, during the Age of Pisces, the Age of blind faith and trust.

Now that the Aquarian Age is with us, the waters of the wisdom and knowledge of Aquarius, a symbolism for the Divine water-bearer, are pouring into humankind. Their aim is to help us, individually and collectively, cleanse the river of human consciousness of all doubts and fears. As this can only come about through the power of knowing who and what we truly are, we are gradually being allowed ever more access to Divine wisdom and truth. And that is why we now know that the veiled hand is not something somewhere ‘out there’, but that It is alive in and part of us. It loves us totally and unconditionally. It has our best at heart and will never let us down or lead us astray. As It knows the way of all things, it can always show us which way is right for us, now. It keeps us all safe. Because of knowing all that, we have every reason to love and trust It with our whole being. When Its love for us and our love for It come together, our fears begin to dissolve and we learn to trust again.

So, go with the flow and know that you are safe and always will be.

With love - Aquarius

12. Self Destruct

Self Destruct Member

That really cheered me up a bit. ^_^
  13. Aquarius123

Thanks and God bless, dear Friend - make sure you hold onto this knowledge and the feelings they bring.

With love - Aquarius​
  14. skyred

skyred Active Member

I know this is helping some people and that is good ..thanks. Personally i think is a load of s@@@. i am so tired of fighting everything and everyone including myself. i was going to end this ...darknes and hate and anger this past july.. stupid me ..i made a promise to someone..God.. i thought he could end this...silly me..for some ..maybe ..but how does he expect me to believe him when he wanted me and let me go through all the bullshitand abuse and whatever.. but he is a liar too. and hurtfull. so i dont pray and i dont want to hear from him anymore. I am waiting now..for the evil and darkness..that satan promised me..they say satan is a liar too...but at least i know what to expect from him. Sometimes i go to another it is a christian site...iused to go there when i thought i had found christ and god though i have neverhave been to church or anything..but it only depressed me and made me cry and i realize i am what every one has always toldme i was... cool but basically i go there just to be somewhere and to chat they are nice there and it is safe. I dont leave the house now except for doc apts and the drugs they give me..but i am going to stop all that crap too...Between the not sleeping and nightmares and night terrors and things i see and hear that arent there..and richard wont leave me in peace now he haunts me and my little one ..i see him and sometimes he touches me ..which freaks me out. i just dont want to live like this anymore and i dont want to go back to the way i was either..Only more offense but...i will wait. and i am not going back in the hospital again. one thing i do know is you always need to use the three (3). that is the saviour. and i know it will work. Plan is solid. so i will wait now. the hate i feel towards myself is overpowering the pain now is all mine...and it helps me get past some of this garbage...sometimes. its ok i know i derserve i...i killed my family the only ones that mattered to meand that i truly love..and i am sorryfor that but..i one who called satan to my fault ..i deserve the pain now and all the rest . so i am waiting... no hopejust die
  15. Aquarius123

The way through life

Our way through life does not always remain the same:
    For each one of us, there are likely to be years of:
    Happiness and Suffering;
    Abundance and poverty;
    Hope and disappointment,
    And of building-up and breaking-down.

16. Aquarius123

My message to the ones I love and who love me

17. danicarr

danicarr Member

Aquarius that poem is beautiful, thankyou so much for posting it. Sometimes it's so hard to find the words to say I love you but I need to go... Pat Lennon and you did so just right, honest without being hurtful or ignorant.
  18. Aquarius123

The Angel in disguise

Thanks and God bless, dear Friend. I hope you'll soon be able to come to terms with your losses and begin to see the good that can come for us out of every experience on the Earth plane. If we but look closely enough and with the right kind of perception, it is always there.

The death of someone close is first and foremost a time for reminding us of our own mortality and that our time on this plane of life is limited, too. It is a time for taking stock and assessing the things that are truly important to us, and then making sure not to neglect them. For anyone who has already developed eyes to see beyond the seeming reality of life in physicality, someone’s passing can become a very uplifting experience. They may then be able to see for themselves that there is no death, and that there is absolute continuity in the processes of life, as the song of the rose tells us. If our relationship with the one who moved on was a truly loving one, then death does not exist. Love transcends all. Love knows no limitations and boundaries, no space and no time. Love is eternal, all-forgiving, all-embracing, and nobody can destroy it; it is ours to keep in eternity.

Our body can be hurt and taken from us; yet, nothing can hurt or harm our true inner Self. It is pure love and part of God. Eternal and immortal, it cannot be destroyed by anything or anyone. As soon as the purpose of each lifetime has been fulfilled, God releases us from the prison of our physical body, and allows us to pass into a different state of life. The physical body is but an exterior husk that is shed when it is no longer of any use to us; that’s why it dies. It is a process that can be likened to the shelling of a pea. As the mortal remains are returned to Mother Earth, the most precious inner and higher part, our soul and spirit, lives on and moves on into another dimension.

There is nothing I can give you that you have not,
    But there is much, so very much that –
    While I cannot give it – you can take.
    No Heaven can come to us,
    Unless our heart finds rest in today: take heaven.
    No peace lies in the future
    That is not hidden in this moment: take peace.

The gloom of the world is but a shadow.
    Behind it – yet within everybody’s reach – there is joy.
    There is a radiance and glory in the darkness,
    Could we but see; and to see, we have only to look.
    I beseech you to look.

Life is so generous a giver, but we –
    Judging its gifts by their covering –
    Too often cast them away as ugly or heavy or hard.
    Remove the covering and you will find beneath it
    The living splendour, woven with the love,
    Wisdom and power of the Divine.

Welcome it, grasp it,
    And you touch the Angel’s hand
    That brings it to you.
    Everything we call a tramp, a sorrow or a duty,
    Believe me, the Angel’s hand is there.

That gift is there and the wonder of an
    Over-shadowing presence
    That protects us, is joyous too.
    Be not content with these joys,
    For they conceal even greater gifts.

And so, at this time, I greet you –
    Not quite as the world sends greetings,
    But with profound esteem and with a prayer
    That for you, now and forever,
    The day may break and the shadows flee away.

Fifteenth Century Prayer

From ‘Comfort for the Bereaved’

With love and light,

19. laurelin

laurelin New Member

It is very difficult for me to acknowledge that I have a problem. I have hidden it for ten years now, and I feel I can't control it anymore, and I thought the best course of action is to seek help. I was always the wise one among my friends and family, always the balanced one. I helped everyone as much as I could. Now I can't help myself anymore. I've been thinking of suicide for a while now, and I am ashamed of it. I know how much pain it caused my mother when I told her. I DON'T want to do it. It would mean that all my life was useless, that all my knowledge, everything I worked for, me and my parents and my family, is useless. But I don't know how to go on, it feels like I'm paralyzed. I feel so much pain... I just need help...
  20. Aquarius123

Dear Laurelin - it seems to me that the time has come for you to attend to yourself and to show that you yourself can follow the advice and wisdom you have given so unselfishly to all around you.

German folk wisdom says: ‘God is nearest when our need is greatest.’ It is true that in times of suffering our individual soul and that of our world draws ever closer to the Divine. Yes, it is sad that that should be necessary, but this too undoubtedly happens for good reasons and to fulfil a wise purpose, the same as everything that is in our world. One of the greatest mysteries of our earthly existence has always been why there is so much suffering on this plane of life, but the reasons for this are also slowly revealing themselves. For as long as things are going smoothly the earthly self happily plods along on its own. In the normal course of events, only in difficult times when we are at the end of our tether, do we go down on our knees and from somewhere comes the inspiration to ask for help from above. Lo and behold! This brings the human soul into closer contact with God again. Once we have found healing and maybe even have become a healer in our own right, we know better and are sure to make every effort to remain in touch with our God or Highest Self at all times.

It knows the way of all things and has the answers to all our questions; it has always been with us and therefore knows all of our past, present and future. I can tell you from first hand experience that whenever we turn with our troubles to it, much good will always come from all apparent evil. With its help, it is possible to find ways of resolving and healing any situation and even the most difficult relationships. When we patiently endure whatever may be required from us and make a genuine effort of paying attention, the law of compensation ensures that our reward will eventually come. If this only happens in the form of increased inner strength and understanding, as well as faith and trust in ourselves and our life, we are surely gaining greatly.

From ‘Why is there so much Suffering in our World?’

With love and light,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.