Inspiring people

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Scully, Dec 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Tell us about people who inspire us, famous or not, and why they inspire you.

2. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Stephen Hawking is cool
    once he was suicidal, but now he's perfectly happy despite his untreatable illness

3. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Stephen Fry. The man is a genius.

4. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Hugh Laurie. Talented. Something deep and hurt. He echos my emotions and makes me dream.

5. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

Lance Armstrong. He is 38 and "over the hill" for a world class cyclist but he is still out there suffering and training like no one's business. When he competes in, and I hope wins the 2010 Tour de France he will be two months shy of 39.

Bicycling or running I am inspired by Lance not to slow down or quit no matter how much I am gasping or struggling until I've met one of my goals.

6. Terror

Terror Well-Known Member

Randy Pausch

Most Inspirational Quote For Me: "The Brick Walls"
    The Last Lecture:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxSo

7. J_Oli3

J_Oli3 Well-Known Member

I'm terrible in that I always seek out people's faults and am quite idealistic so don't really have a role model or someone who inspires me.

I'd have to say autisitc children are people that I do look to in a way. I don't know if that's weird or not, but anyway.

8. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Nelson Mandela has always inspired me a lot. I mean, wow, just watch his life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.