Insulted by a friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lana

I got into an argument with one of my friends a few days ago and I'm still upset about it. We didn't agree on something and he said I was retarded, I have an IQ of an 8 year old, I'm a waste of time, I'm a bitch, ignorant and I shouldn't be in university. This is a huge trigger for me. I feel like I'm dumb, but I can't take it when someone says it to me. I actually quit a job because a costumer asked if I was dropped on my head as a baby. I've never had a friend say that to me and it's not the first time he's said it. In the summer he wanted us to start dating, but I said it wasn't a good idea to and now I know why. It just really hurts, I actually liked this guy. We haven't spoken since and I can't. I don't want someone like that in my life.

It was my dad's anniversary last month and around this time last year something happened. I feel out of it and my emotions are all over the place. I really wanted him to be here because he said he wanted to help me through stuff, but he just made it worst. I never completely trusted him, guess it's a good thing I didn't
:(

Speedy

Staff Alumni
You are in my thoughts. The so-called "friend" you speak of really was out of line IMHO. Hugs to you. I hope college is going well.

Lana

He messaged me today and started calling me baby again. Said I was cute, I do it for him and when he comes to visit, he'll show me. Does he think I'm that much of an idiot? After all that stuff he said, he seriously thought I'd go back running to him? I knew he had other motives, I knew he didn't want to date me just for me and he proved that today. He called me a bitch because he didn't get his way and said last week I showed him how messed up I am, said you live and learn. I really need to stop falling for assholes!!

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
Heya, Lana. Wow, that's just nasty of him. Don't be down on yourself for "falling for" this guy. In my experience, most jerks don't show us they're jerks at the start. You recognized it as soon as he was one - that's good. :)

eagles_fan

I got into an argument with one of my friends a few days ago and I'm still upset about it. We didn't agree on something and he said I was retarded, I have an IQ of an 8 year old, I'm a waste of time, I'm a bitch, ignorant and I shouldn't be in university. This is a huge trigger for me. I feel like I'm dumb, but I can't take it when someone says it to me. I actually quit a job because a costumer asked if I was dropped on my head as a baby. I've never had a friend say that to me and it's not the first time he's said it. In the summer he wanted us to start dating, but I said it wasn't a good idea to and now I know why. It just really hurts, I actually liked this guy. We haven't spoken since and I can't. I don't want someone like that in my life.

It was my dad's anniversary last month and around this time last year something happened. I feel out of it and my emotions are all over the place. I really wanted him to be here because he said he wanted to help me through stuff, but he just made it worst. I never completely trusted him, guess it's a good thing I didn't
:(
Your friend sounds like a gigantic asshole.

Also, if you're depressed, that depression will severely impact your thinking.

Lana

My thinking has been pretty bad lately and it's hard not to take what he said last week seriously. I just can't believe he tried that on me after all that. I am glad I realized all this now and didn't agree to start something serious with him. It just kinda hurts to lose a friend and someone I liked, as much as he is an ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00