Intentionally Avoiding?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by ThornThatNeverHeals, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThornThatNeverHeals

ThornThatNeverHeals Well-Known Member

What if im feeling like someone is intentionally avoiding me? Shes near family to me and has always told me she feels the same, now when i log on she goes quickly, when i look in whos online, shes viewing whos in chat... when i log into messenger and message her she logs out.

Im confused, im lost, im hurt, i dont understand.... what can i do??? :blub:
  2. Well-Known Member

Try calling or emailing and ask her if she's avoiding you.
  3. ThornThatNeverHeals

ThornThatNeverHeals Well-Known Member

i tried, im getting no response :blub:
  4. Well-Known Member

If you've left messages or emails or whatever and aren't getting responses then you most likely are being avoided. Time to move on.
  5. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

6. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I know it's hard to let it go, but if you've already asked and aren't getting a response, that's the only thing you can do. Maybe drop one more message and let her know you'll be there if she ever wants to talk again. It may be that she's in a bad place and isn't up to talking right now.
  7. Underground

Underground Well-Known Member

Can you go around her house? Or is she someone that's long distance/mainly online?

But I think she is avoiding you if she's ignoring you, or logging off when you come on or talk to her. This is one of those situations where there isn't a lot you can do. You could maybe give her a few days or a few weeks, then try again, but ultimately if she still avoids you, you have to take the hint. I know it's hard because someone I desperately want to be my friend again avoids me. He doesn't admit it, but he blocked my MSN and he avoids me when I see him in the shops or in the streets. It hurts, but it's their right if they don't want to speak to you anymore.
  8. Socialman

Socialman Well-Known Member

My friend Alyssa has been doing the same thing. I apologized for being mean once, and being crazy at times and she said it was okay. Then one day someone messages me from her phone and tells me to leave her phone alone because she is feeling sick. So, I stopped texting her and decided to just leave her a few supporting messages on here. She hasn't answered any of them. I decided to leave her a final message saying goodbye and thanking her for being a good friend. Nothing you can do. They have their own reasons. Sometimes they just feel other problems are too overwhelming, so they have to take care of number one and keep people around that support them without burdening them. Luckily, I don't have that many friends. Never had. I was picked on more than befriended. I know what it is like to be abandoned for trivial reasons like being a nerd or not dressing cool enough.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.