Intermittent fasting diary *new* comments welcome

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
35 days of Intermittent Fasting starting 20th August and I hope to lose 1 stone (14lbs) in that time. I hope the end result will leave me under 19 stone. The IF is from 20th August - 23 September. I will get weighed on September 24th and lets hope for an amazing result. Going to try and keep a good routine, eating at 10am and 5pm. 30 minutes of exercise every day. No excuses. Be as active as possible.

I need to be strict with myself. Any advice?

Waiting until the 20th to start because of personal issues.

Does anyone want to join me and try lose a stone? Anyone up for a challenge?

Last edited:

Paisley

SF Artist
SF Supporter
Hmm... maybe try to keep as busy as possible during your fasting time? That way your hands and mind will stay preoccupied and you'll be less focused on eating.

You know I'm down for the challenge! Totally with you on this.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Yay for being up for a challenge.

It's the exercise I need to be more strict on to be honest. It's hard. It's difficult to keep it up every single day. I will try staying busy for the food wise part of it. Thanks :)

So lets have a stone off in 5 weeks, we can so do it :D

Paisley

SF Artist
SF Supporter
Yay for being up for a challenge.

It's the exercise I need to be more strict on to be honest. It's hard. It's difficult to keep it up every single day. I will try staying busy for the food wise part of it. Thanks :)

So lets have a stone off in 5 weeks, we can so do it :D
Ah okay I get it now. I should have remembered that you were doing well with the food aspect since I've been reading your posts. That's my bad.

I'm struggling with exercising too, honestly... maybe what we need to do is channel any negative emotions we feel into it so that we'll get fit and feel better mentally at the same time. I really need to get back into a workout routine. Think I'll start again today (you've inspired me)

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
@Paisley what sort of exercise do you like doing? They say its best to find something you can get ''lost'' in but I haven't found any such thing yet.

Paisley

SF Artist
SF Supporter
@Paisley what sort of exercise do you like doing? They say its best to find something you can get ''lost'' in but I haven't found any such thing yet.
I wish I had an exercise bike but I don't have the room in my apartment for it... biking is nice. But the type of exercise I find it's easiest to get lost in is dancing, even though I've stopped doing it in recent years. Lately I just end up doing situps or leg lifts. Maybe I'd exercise more if I was dancing instead.

bobbob

SF Supporter
Realised that getting to sleep atm is more importnat than fasting and that fasting is disrupting my sleep and so will keep eating little snack just before bed but get back to fasting when sleep is back to normal. In meantime, did get "super salad" from Coop today on way back from support group and it has five of the five a day all in one take away dish. So now can eat crisps all day. jk
Good luck with fasting. Im still in on this but just doing it very gradual. Like will have breakfast a bit later when get up and am trying to keep carbs down. I mean not eat so many rather keep down ones have eaten!

bobbob

SF Supporter
I wish I had an exercise bike but I don't have the room in my apartment for it... biking is nice. But the type of exercise I find it's easiest to get lost in is dancing, even though I've stopped doing it in recent years. Lately I just end up doing situps or leg lifts. Maybe I'd exercise more if I was dancing instead.
I got a really cheap exercise bike from Argos and is kind of collapsable and so doesnt take up much room and it does get me to exercise much more, though am trying to jog few times week as well and have walk each day. Dancing sounds great way of exercising. Hope u can find way back to doing it.

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey @Petal I've been doing the IF for the last couple of weeks and getting on ok with it. But then I was almost doing it anyway because I very rarely had breakfast. My body is getting used to it and now very rarely feel hungry before 1pm. I've been eating during the period from about 3 pm until 11pm so that I can still have an alcoholic drink in the evenings. My main problem is what to drink during the fasting time. I'm not a big fan of water as you know and drinks during the fast shouldn't be more than 50 calories I think. I like my coffee with milk and sugar so that makes it a bit of a no go during the fast but I like to have one first thing in the morning to get me going. I have had one a few times which is naughty. I need to drink more green tea I think.

I only want to lose about 15 lbs in total and that will get me back to the weight I want to be (and where I was last October after losing nearly 3 stone). I think I will aim to lose 7 lbs in the next 5 weeks which I think is achievable.

Innocent Forever

πŸ’πŸ₯œπŸŒ
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Good luck @Petal you can do this!
I'm trying to stop eating earlier on officially for 8, unofficially for 6.30. If I haven't eaten enough by 6.30 I will eat later (and will eat a bit of junk so long as it's under 50 calories all in), but that's my goal. I can't do it officially from half 6 as then I won't eat after that even if I haven't eaten anywhere near enough.
I want to lose some weight - not specifically weight, but belly fat (I think petal termed it such), but at the moment I'm really tending towards disordered eating, so trying to be wary of that, be healthy and lose weight. Not sure if it's possible for any of the balls not to drop, but... just gonna try.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
@Woowoo Great that you're joining us :D Re: the alcohol, from going to diet clubs throughout the years they always said vodka is the most diet friendly drink, you might wanna research that :) I think you are totally and completely capable of losing those lbs in that time frame. You can do it, we're all in this together, cheesy statement I know, but its true :) As for what to drink during the fasting time, I would suggest green tea, sparkling or flavoured water, diluted drinks and diet drinks, i personally prefer coke zero. I drank it every day and still managed to lose 2 stone (28lbs) in 11 weeks. If I can do it, you can too :)

@Innocent Forever thanks for the good luck wishes, good luck to you too :) Belly fat seems to be the biggest problem for a lot of people, but hey if halle berry could do it on the IF diet, we can too :) Yes be very wary of the disordered eating, if you start to feel light or weak headed then definitely grab something to eat. Be mindful of eating enough too, I fell into the trap of eating less too and that's why i never lost weight that stayed off. Keep an eye on it :)

Wish you both the very best.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00