internet addicion...i'm off with my own therapy...see you

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by physician, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. physician

physician Well-Known Member

From right now im starting my own therapy for my internet addiction problem.

going off the computer and internet for as much as i can, but my set-date is 15 september.

I am going to make it or die......i have valium tabs, alcohol and coffee if i;ll need them,,,,,,,,

soooo see you guys i'll think about sf :brett:

2. Winslow

Winslow Antiquitie's Friend SF Supporter

Why set it for September when you can do it right now? In my case of internet at home, I cancelled it ages ago, and currently limit my on-line activities to computer at public library which is obviously where this post is being written. In fact, previously having internet at home and suffering addiction to it had even caused Suicidal feelings to worsen. So I fully support your decision.

3. poison

poison Well-Known Member

well it's not the internet that is the problem, it's whether or not you have your priorities straight. if you don't have any priorities at the moment, why not spend countless hours on the internet and computer? it's what i've done about 55% of my summer :/ however, if you find that the internet is making you avoid your priorities, than it's probably healthy to quit for a while.

4. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

A lot of my time is wasted on the internet. I wonder how many hours I've spent on the internet. It is a good thing like when I come here to post, but it is also very addictive like you say, and it can take over your whole life. Good luck with your time-out from the internet. I need one soon.
    Let us know how it goes... and don't let suicide be a back up plan. Come back here and post when/if you need to.
    :heart:

5. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Usually I'm on the internet 10+ hours a day. My access has been limited for the past three days and although I miss it, I think it's doing me good.
    So best of luck with your goal I'm sure you'll feel better for it. :)

6. xan

xan Chat Buddy

I need the internet....

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I wish you the best of luck :) :hug:

8. twc

twc Well-Known Member

Good luck. I spend way too much time on the internet and I am very attached to being online. I don't think it's healthy.

I spent a few months in a rehab (for substance abuse) a few years ago and felt a lot better having not used the internet during that time. But when I got out, I went right back to my old habits.

A few years before that, I moved from one city to another. When I finally got an apartment, there was about a week's wait to get the internet hooked up. I practically had a nervous breakdown, even though I went to an internet cafe instead. Not good!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.