internet world

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by asking_advice, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asking_advice

asking_advice Well-Known Member

i dont know but im feel alone right now. it seems everything just a fake world. there are people who can understand me in chat room. i feel down because im asian sometimes i can understand what they said and im not fluent in english so there are things i want to said but i choose to keep in myself. it's hard when i just starting to learn how to communicate. i hope everything will be ok.

2. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

I am suprised that people understand what I write.

3. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

My English wasn't very good when I went to school (the teacher sucked and his classes were the definition of boring) but I started reading manga in English and interested myself in pseudo-medieval English that I had heard in some PC games and very quickly my English got much better. Maybe you should do something similar? Find something in English that interests you and you will get better at it. Today I have an easier time following what happens in a movie in English if I turn off the Swedish subtitles and just listen, instead, and I can speak it entirely fluently if I get started speaking it... my pronounciation was so bad, before... typical overwhelming Swedish accent...

If you're talking in chat and don't know a word, just explain the word that you don't know during what you say and, along with it, ask for what the word is that you're seeking. Usually someone will help you out. Just don't keep silent because you don't know that frustrating, single word. Good luck. :smile:

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forum.. Your English is very good..I agree with Hae Gi that if you watch english or american movies it will help you to learn the language faster..In the mean time keep coming here.. No one will judge you if you don't know a word..

5. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

I can not learn swedish

6. Rose24

Rose24 Chat & Forum Buddy

Wow asking_advice I have been in chat with you and could not tell that you had a problem with English, I think your English is pretty good! :)

If you do not understand something or can’t think of how to say something in chat, just ask someone. I am always in chat, you can always ask me.

Take care

Rose

7. raincloud

raincloud Well-Known Member

I was an English tutor for quite a few years, and I am a writer and editor. Your English is better than that of many native speakers I have seen. Don't be self-conscious about it! I wouldn't have known you had a problem, either. I get the feeling that you may be hard on yourself, but I guess a lot of us are hard on ourselves. That's probably why we're on this site.:blink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.