intresting question.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ODIECOM, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ODIECOM

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

its gunna be intresting to see how far this goes.

my question is,

how many of you folks consider suicide, post your thoughts .... when you have been drinking or have been using drugs?
    im not trying to start a problem. i just think it will be intresting to see the responses.

the 2 times that i attempted it, and the time i talked about it and it went into the wrong ears ... i hadnt been doing either.

im intrested to see if booze has a bigger impact when thoughts of suicide or the attempt is made.

2. Dharma4815162342

Dharma4815162342 Well-Known Member

I dont' drink at all. Never have and don't have plans to.

3. yorkie bar

yorkie bar Well-Known Member

No never, i wish i did - i'm feeling suicidal right now.

4. jhhop

jhhop Well-Known Member

I've attempted a few times and have never been under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

5. dreaminghome

dreaminghome Well-Known Member

Me either, actually alcohol makes me feel better, numbs me.

6. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

alcohol and drugs are an escape enough for me, that is why I try not to use them because they could easily become a slow suicide for me since they provide such immediate relief to the pain I am feeling. So, to answer your question, no I usually don't have increased suicidal urges when drinking or using drugs because I have numbed them out. Granted, I do get more impulsive when using, but not enough to actually go through with it.

7. iitywygmah

iitywygmah Member

I am allergic to alcohol, never smoked and have not taken any form of medication since I was 5.

8. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

I'm suicidal when I drink, suicidal when I don't. I'm not sure it makes much of a difference, except that alcohol does tend to calm me down a bit. I don't do any other mind-altering drugs.

9. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

Only drug I use is chocolate...

10. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I only drink during the holidays because they are a rough time for me..The rest of the year I don't drink and I don't use drugs..My suicidal thoughts are there all the time.. I have learned to cope with them thru therapy..When I get really down I am quite calm when I think of ending it..

11. PoisonS

PoisonS Well-Known Member

Alcohol is a depressant, so I'm sure it pushes people along, but all of my attempts I've decided to do it before I ever drank or took anything.

12. jordaniac89

jordaniac89 Member

I drink alot and smoke alot of pot. I'm not depressed because I do these things, I do these things because I'm depressed. Its the only way of escape, besides death, which I'm sure I'll end up doing pretty soon...

13. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Not suicidal, but I think more about it when I'm drunk. Or about emptiness and death.

14. ODIECOM

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

thank you for your responses.

i was just curious. i know when i was drinking, i never thought about suicide while i drank. i have run into a few ppl that do ride the pity pony and talk about suicide.
    ty for your imput

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.