Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ODIECOM, Aug 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

each day i read the posts and time and time again, im reading about ... im assuming younger ppl. they claim they have not talent, their not good at anything. because of that everything in their life has come to a halt.

what id like to know is, what makes you believe that YOU DONT HAVE TALENT?
    with the chance of sounding kinda harsh and im not meaning to be.
    have you ever tried anything ?
    have you put forth your best effort ?
    if you didnt quite achieve what you were after do you consider yourself a failure at everything ? or do you brush yourself off and get up and ride again ?
    what proof do we have that noone cares ?

once again, dont take this the wrong way ... but, whats your attitude been like when you say your friends dont want nothing to do with you anymore ?

i can say from experiance that OUR attitude has alot to do with the way ppl respond to us. if we get negative responses, then we are pisssed at those ppl. we make it their fault, they dont care etc etc etc.

how much does your attitude have to do with the way things are going for you at this time ?
    do we ever stop and think about what we are thinking about ?
    odies thoughts
  2. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

hey there..
    u have a point odiecom..but i think depression is 2 blame 4 the negative thoughts alot of the time..sometimes we just cant see or want 2 accept those facts..
    i guess in a strange way sometimes we can go looking for reasons 2 why suicide is an option..we just feel so down and in pain - that everything even if its not that bad can seem hopeless..i guess its depression distorting the reality..
    no idea if iv made any sense :unsure: x

you did, ty.

i just think its sad that someone so young has their life come to a screeching halt.
  4. elvinchild

elvinchild Well-Known Member

I'm one of those young people who feels like my friends aren't around for me anymore lol... Its pretty apparent that we aren't as close as we used to be, I guess part of it is just that we're getting older and living our own separate lives... but I also feel like they feel uncomfortable dealing with my problems, because THEY are so young.. there are some older people I know who are understanding, but all my peer friends just don't know what to do with me anymore.

That and I just can't make friends due to social anxiety, its very simple... I do go out and try, I made a couple friends a few months ago, but my anxiety got the best of me and I said no a few times when they wanted to hang out, one just gave up trying and I'm too anxious to make plans when I'll probably cancel, the other got offended and disappeared out of my life... and I do try and try again, but its the same cycle.

But I'm willing to admit that depression may have distorted my thinking and my friends really do care, but I know they really don't know how to handle me.
  5. Rose24

Rose24 Chat & Forum Buddy

We live in a day and age where young people are expected to have it all – intellect, art, appearance. The media portrays young people on soaps and sitcoms are these “perfect” creatures that simply aren’t true to life. I imagine that the average young person feels less than adequate! With such extreme pressures on younger people is it any wonder that they keel over! It is tragic, you are right.

may i ask elvinchild how it is exactly that you respond when you are dealing with society?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.