Intro and question

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by naomibls, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. naomibls

naomibls New Member

I'm a 20 year old woman and I've been thinking about suicide a lot lately. Here's my story: I recently dropped out of school moved far away from home with my boyfriend. I'm miserable here - I have no friends, have been fired from two jobs, and am eating too much. I'm a pretty anxious person and live in fear of my cell phone - consequently, I lose touch with any one who begins to get close to me and I'm constantly worrying and feeling terrible about about what they all must think of me. I can't seem to get into anything anymore, nothing excites me and I can't think of anything I would want to do in the future that would make me happier.

I have plans to kill myself, but I'd like to exhaust other options before I go there. Specificaly, I'd like to get on medicine, but I don't have any health insurance (or money, for that matter). Any idea how I could make that happen? Thanks in advance.

2. Innocent

Innocent Guest

That's a tough situation you are in. Do you live in the US? If you do you can apply for a medical card through the Department of Human Services near you. Since you aren't making money currently you should qualify for that and other assistance as well. Basically what you need to do is research what help is in your area. There may also be clinics in your area that can help you out. You can do some of your research online, put in key words like mental health, low income, and what area you live in...If you have a township call them too for referrals and ask what programs they have available.
    As for your cell...are you afraid of answering it or calling on it or both? If you aren't afraid of the making calls part, maybe YOU can call your friends to keep in touch. Also, what about keeping in touch by email?
    It's important too for you to get to know people in the new place you live...and that requires getting out of the house, and talking to people you come across, which I know is hard for many people. Try though, at least try...you need to have other people in your life too, you sound pretty isolated right now. Go shopping, go to the library..go to the park...try to make conversations. Good luck with everything. I'll be waiting your response, I may have more advice and tips for you depending on where you live..

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF. I am glad to hear you want to explore all your options before making any decisions. I hope you are able to find the help and support you need to contine holding on. Take care. :hug:

4. naomibls

naomibls New Member

Thanks for the advice.

5. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

hi and welcome to the forum, here you´ll find a lot of caring people and a lot of understanding so i hope to see you arounad and remember you cxan pm me at any time if you want to talk take care;)

6. BrokenPieces

BrokenPieces Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum hun...

Love BP

7. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

:welcome: ... although maybe a bit belated... sorry bout that.

8. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum, looking forward to seeing you around. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.