Intro

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by TryingToRecover, Apr 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was adopted from Bulgaria at 7 1/2 yrs old and took me seven yrs to learn english.I have not really fully dealt with my adoption fully but working on parts of it slowly, and my therapist wants to be sure ill be safe when we talk about those thing's and that my coping skills are stronger hopefully,but i have only accepted half of what happened to me .

New diagnoses :

Hypothyroid
    Self Injurious Behavior
    Severe Major Depressive Disorder (Recurring)
    Borderline Personality Disorder
    Body Dysmorphic
    OCD
    Panic Disorder
    Specific Phobia Disorder

​Old Diagnoses ....
    Eating disorder both Anorexia/Bulimia
    DID
    Anxiety Disorder
    Body Dimorphic Disorder

I am severe in my eating disorder and having lots of medical issues dut to it as of late and i only have 20% fat on me.

My bio mom dropped me off at a children's hospital in Bulgaria and abandoned me there (i had anemia and left leg shorter then the right at that time) so after fixed i was then moved to a maternity orphanage where i was there till they kicked me out due to age then i was transferred over to a 2 nd orphanage and stayed there till i was adopted at age 7 1/2 and at my 2nd orphanage they made me clean with harsh cleaning chemicals without gloves or protection and they also slapped me several times and punished me for trying to help the other kid's in the orphanage .

They had their fav's the staff , and some worker's were kind and caring but others were like make my day im only here for the money
    the workers taught us kids that we were unwanted and that the orphanage is where they dump unwanted children (mistakes in their words) and that no one in their right mind would love or care for us since we were disposed of by society and family,and we were also taught to be submissive to others even so with men and to never be ourselves or if we were then we would be abandoned again and left to fend for ourselves .
    Also , had i not been adopted i would be out on the streets forging for food ,trying to fend for self and make a living.

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Welcome to the Forum TryingToRecover. I am glad you found us and chose to seek support. I hope you feel at home and will continue sharing with us. Take care. :hug:

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, and welcome to the forums. Thanks for sharing your story with us, keep sharing :)

4. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome. I'm glad you've found us in your journey to recovery.

5. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

hello.

welcome to the forums

hope you find the support you are looking for here

6. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

hello.

welcome to the forums
    sorry to hear about your problems with your health hugs to you x
    stay strong

Thread Status: