intro

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by nevaehsmommy, Jun 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nevaehsmommy

nevaehsmommy Member

I am having lots of issues that are resurfacing as of late. I am a single mom to a wonderful little girl. I homeschool her and she really is all that is keeping me going.
    My dad severely abused me as a child and all the way up to two weeks ago. Each time that I think he is finally done with me he pops back into my life.

My town was hit my a tornado recently and I am sick about that. So much death and despair. The town has come together nicely but I very depressed to the point I do no leave my house anymore. The carnage and the stories are just to much for me. Seeing everything gone and the rumble is more then I can take.

I have not cut since I found out I was pregnant and now the old feelings are resurfacing.

I have a group of friends and we have a private group on FB but I think I may be triggering one friend who was date raped so I thought I would find another area to vent. I do not want to hurt my bestie.

I am feeling like a subpar mom recently. How do I protect my daughter from my dad when I can not even protect myself. Just not sure what to do.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome to SF glad you are reaching out here hun. You get a protective order restricting you father coming anywhere near you or daugther restraining order okay I hope you continue to get support you need to stay
    well through your pregnancy hugs to you

3. nevaehsmommy

nevaehsmommy Member

I got one but it was only temp. I do not see a reason to get another one. the police would not enforce the first one.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

The you go to the judge that gave it and tell him the police are not doing there job they are not enforcing the law Get the judge to put pressure on them
    If possible move as far away as you can from him okay

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Have you changed the locks on your door?? Maybe even add a peep hole so you can see who is there..Don't answer the door for him..Do what Total Eclipse said and get another restraining order against him.. While your in front of the judge ask him if the police are going to inforce it this time...You shouldn't have to be scared to live..Your father belongs in jail..

6. nevaehsmommy

nevaehsmommy Member

I am in the process of changing the locks. I have alarms on all the doors so if the door handle is even turned they go off. I do not answer the door if I am not expecting anyone.

Two weeks ago was a fluke, I knew he was coming g so me and my daughter went camping. I came back on a monday thinking he would have headed back north to his house. Well not so. I was up playing that stupid FB game hatchlings with the door wide open when he came in. My FB friends had suggested I get pepper spray so that is what I did and I had hung it by the door so when he grabbed me and started trying to hurt me I sprayed him with it. He stopped what he was doing and ran for the bathroom. The next morning I filed for the RO. But he came back to my place the next sunday and I file a police report and they said they would come by the house but never did.

I am to the point that if he tries to touch me again I am willing to kill him. Pretty sure I would go to Jail and so not sure how that would play out with having a 5 year old. I would hate for her to end up in the custody of anyone in my family.

7. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

Welcome - sorry to hear about your dreadful experience.

As for a practical advice - check out the door armour system - not that expensive and I'd love someone to ship it to me in the UK but I'll ask on some other forum.

Door armour

I have no link to the firm - just found it after researching and after having a burglary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.