Introducing myself (new member)

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Constance Darkness, Feb 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Constance Darkness

Constance Darkness New Member

I've had depression my entire 48 years on this earth. Been to so many therapists, been on so many meds, read so many books, nothing helps for long. My soul mate of 25 years left me a few months ago, finally got so sick of me he couldn't stand to be near me, after spending years convincing me he would never, ever leave me. I can't blame him, I'd leave me too, if I could.

I feel so desperate, words can't contain the depths of my agony, hopelessness, pain, misery. PAIN. I'm just pain encased in skin. I can't reach out to anyone, because then I'm only a burden they can't fix, I just cause more pain. Even my current therapist is more about herself than me (she told me her depression was worse, at least I can sleep & eat; I have atypical depression, so that's pretty much all I do: sleep & eat, and I am currently more than 100 lbs overweight). I realized I can manipulate her to talk more about herself than about me, thereby protecting myself. And I watch myself do it & feel superior, smug. How f***ed up is that? (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to curse here or not.)

I think about ending my life all the time now. There don't seem to be any really good options, but I'm still researching. I know now that I will ALWAYS have this darkness, I will always have this depression, this pain, this hopelessness. I will never be a content or happy person. I am not constructed that way. I will never stop hurting. I will never stop pushing people away. All the while, smiling, joking, pretending to be fine.

I don't really know how to go on.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014
  2. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Hi Constance welcome to SF
  3. SuicideSam

SuicideSam Banned Member

Hi Constance welcome to SF.
  4. Kerryjx

Kerryjx New Member

Hi Constance,
    I can't believe I found someone who feels the same as me. It's hard to explain the pain but you just described exactly how I'm feeling. I am 37 and just found out that my partner of 18 years was/is having an affair with someone half his age (25, he is 50) and planning on leaving me. There's a lot more going on but I feel the same way.... Ie...I am devasted as he would never leave me etc etc but then I think well no wonder cause I'm a burden etc. I feel as though I am stuck in this pain forever.
  5. SuicideSam

SuicideSam Banned Member

You guys are not alone I feel the same way. Although ive only felt this way for the last 12 years. I'm 26 now
  6. justsomegirl

justsomegirl Well-Known Member

Hi Constance, and welcome. Reaching out for support is a great first step! I'm sorry you are having so many troubles. I really hope you find comfort in the community here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.