Introducing Myself

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Liuka, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liuka

Liuka New Member

I am new to this website. I have tried to commit suicide twice in the last two years. My last time was January 14th of 2011. However, I look upon that, that I survived the experience. I would never do it again. I hit rock bottom. I was in a very abusive marraige. I had no one around me to talk to and I was drinking nearly everyday and I just stopped caring. However, when I woke up from my coma. I had no recolection really of what happend. I spent five days in the mental ward at the hospital.

But, this was the first time I had five days to myself and people to talk too. I was forced to talk about my issues with other people. Also, at that time I was told that my family wanted me to attend treatment. So I voluntarily went into a 28 day out patient treatment center for my alcoholism and my issues I was dealing with. It took me almost 15 times to even drive up to an AA door and walk through. I missed one week of classes for my treatment before I had the guts to attend. I was so afraid of people and talking about myself.

But, that was over a year and a half ago. I have to say talking to other people has made such a huge difference in my life. I stuck to the program. I lator even attended a 12 step group for people prone to depression and suicide ideas.

I'm not saying this is the step for everyone. But, I have seen a lot of growth in my life. I have now let people care for me again. I don't think I am a bad person anymore. It took a lot of self growth on my part. however, I could not say I did this by myself. I had many people helping me and I didn't really realize it until a while lator. But, I am living every day and I am finding reasons to live.
  2. flowers

flowers Senior Member

welcome to sf. Glad you are doing well
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Wow hun I am so happy you got the support you needed and deserved Thanks for posting hun as it shows others that with care and compassion one can find a way to heal Hugs to you
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.