1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introducing Myself

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Liuka, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liuka

Liuka New Member

Hello,
    I am new to this website. I have tried to commit suicide twice in the last two years. My last time was January 14th of 2011. However, I look upon that, that I survived the experience. I would never do it again. I hit rock bottom. I was in a very abusive marraige. I had no one around me to talk to and I was drinking nearly everyday and I just stopped caring. However, when I woke up from my coma. I had no recolection really of what happend. I spent five days in the mental ward at the hospital.

But, this was the first time I had five days to myself and people to talk too. I was forced to talk about my issues with other people. Also, at that time I was told that my family wanted me to attend treatment. So I voluntarily went into a 28 day out patient treatment center for my alcoholism and my issues I was dealing with. It took me almost 15 times to even drive up to an AA door and walk through. I missed one week of classes for my treatment before I had the guts to attend. I was so afraid of people and talking about myself.

But, that was over a year and a half ago. I have to say talking to other people has made such a huge difference in my life. I stuck to the program. I lator even attended a 12 step group for people prone to depression and suicide ideas.

I'm not saying this is the step for everyone. But, I have seen a lot of growth in my life. I have now let people care for me again. I don't think I am a bad person anymore. It took a lot of self growth on my part. however, I could not say I did this by myself. I had many people helping me and I didn't really realize it until a while lator. But, I am living every day and I am finding reasons to live.

2. flowers

flowers Senior Member

welcome to sf. Glad you are doing well

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Wow hun I am so happy you got the support you needed and deserved Thanks for posting hun as it shows others that with care and compassion one can find a way to heal Hugs to you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.