Introducing myself

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Emma4, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Emma4

Emma4 New Member

Hi everyone,

If I'm honest I'm not sure why I've joined. I've recently found out that I've got a serious health issue on top of some other things going on. I had some dark times about 10 years ago and I thought I was over it, but maybe it's always in you.
    I feel like I'm sinking under the weight of my life and I feel guilty about that because people have much worse lives than I do.
    I hate myself for coming on here and winging on
  2. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Emma, please don't hate yourself for coming. Congratulate yourself instead! Because you are trying to deal with the issues in your life rather than avoiding them. As you read the posts here you will find that people are dealing with a whole range of issues. And yep, some are likely to sound more severe than yours. But you are not living their issues, you are living yours. And that makes them the most important regardless of their severity. It is NOT selfish to put yourself first when under stress. After all, how can you really help anyone else if you don't take care of yourself first. Welcome to SF and a whole new group of friends.
  3. Emma4

Emma4 New Member

Thanks for the welcome. I'm not sure what I'm try to get to at the moment. I know that I can't go on like this so I am looking for help of some sort
  4. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Feel free to share more about what has been happening in your life. This is a very unjudgmental group of people here. And they are usually able to offer suggestions that may help.
    Emma4 likes this.
  5. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Welcome to the forum :)
    Emma4 likes this.
  6. moxman

moxman I am proud to call Rosie, my best friend =) Forum Pro

Hello Emma, I am Mox

Thank you for joining us at SF. Just know , when you are here, you are safe. No one will ever judge you. No one will ever ridicule you. That BS is not tolerated here. If you get really bored feel free to read my personal story below in green. Know that you are not alone in pain. You are not alone in suffering. You are with friends, let us help you. that is how SF "works" people share their stories. other members read it and offer you advice on about how to help you with your problems.

If you feel like your situation would be better discussed in private. That is fine, I invite you to PM/IM me and share your story with me.

Take Care
  7. zuzuspetals

zuzuspetals Member

Hello Emma,
    Yes, the particulars of not only where you are, exactly, but how you got there would help us understand, and better assist. There are some really intellegent and compassionate people here, that would love to help if they can, but knowing as much as possible is the key. If you're facing depression, grief, self-hatred, or other related things, we're glad you're here. Whatever type of illness you're facing, the following list is for you. I hope these resources help you fight for joy while you wait for the darkness to lift. I'll keep you in my prayers!
  8. Emma4

Emma4 New Member

Thanks for the post. I guess I feel that talking won't help me. I wanted it to, which is why I joined this forum but I am going to try
    Frances M likes this.
  9. Emma4

Emma4 New Member

Hi Mox, I read you story and you have gone through a lot, much more than me. I hope things get more manageable for you but just know that it helps people like me to see you being strong in such difficult circumstances
  10. moxman

moxman I am proud to call Rosie, my best friend =) Forum Pro

Thank you for your kind words. I hope you are having a great day. =)

Take Care