Introduction & a question

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by worlds edge, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

I'm attempting to do as rational and cold-blooded an analysis of the pros and cons of committing suicide on a personal level as I can. In other words, I would never presume to tell someone else what they can and cannot do, but I'm definitely tilting towards suicide myself. Having said that I'm trying to give myself a year (which would end January 31,2008) to see if what I'm leaning towards is in fact correct, so that (at least in my own mind) I've eliminated any sense that what I'm considering is an impulsive act.

I guess what I'm wondering is if such a discussion would be permissible under the Terms of Service here. At the moment I am decidedly biased towards suicide and not against it, the year I'm giving myself being more like a cool-down period than anything else.

I'm a member under the same name at Wing of Madness, and indeed started posting there recently for the simple reason that it was the only forum I knew about in the area of mental illness. However, I thought it would be more appropriate for me to try to work things out here, given that suicide discussion is the main topic here.

Before I start posting I'd just like to know if this is okay. No harm, no foul if it isn't. I've always try to be scrupulously observant of the the Terms of Service everywhere I've posted in the past.

Thanks in advance,

2. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Sorry, I don't know if what you are asking is okay. But I'm sure the staff here will appreciate you being considerate about it.
    Anyway, just wanted to say hi :) x
  3. worlds edge

Hmm, I'd hate to assume that silence equals consent, but perhaps I should in this instance.

I hope if I run afoul of any of the rules I'll get cut a bit of slack. :unsure:
  4. Jodi

Jodi Staff Alumni

I see no problem with you deiscussing your pros and do need to be aware of the fact thet we are a pro-life site and we do not discuss methods here....those are areas that would lead to you being put under moderation....discussing your feelings are apprpriate and welcomed....I do hope you can find the support your looking for here and that you decide to stick around with us here'll find we are a great bunch of people!!!

5. worlds edge

Gotcha. I think I can do all of that with no problem.

From poking around the site, probably the only reason they'd want to put me under moderation is how long-winded I can be sometimes. :tongue:
  6. Jodi

Jodi Staff Alumni

never put anyone under moderation for be as long winded as you feel you need to be!!:smile:
  7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF. I have seen you around WoM. I hope you find us to be supportive of you in your efforts. As was mentioned, this is a prolife site, so no methods or encouraging is to be done. you already stated you wouldn't, so welcome aboard. :hug:
  8. SmilePretty

SmilePretty Staff Alumni

welcome to the forum

you'll find that a lot of people here are leaning toward suicide, but there are a lot of people here that will support you in leaning the opposite way, or just overcoming the obstacles that you are faced with.

take care :smile:
  9. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Welcome aboard :)

Take care, and hope to see ya around! :)

Joe s
  10. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF :arms:
  11. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

welcome to the forum
  12. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum!:smile: :smile:

13. Raiden

Raiden Guest

Welcome to the forum :smile:
  14. kath

kath Well-Known Member

Hey i like your openness,honesty and consideration very much Patrick!!!!Welcome and i have for one certainly hope to see you around.

Take care adn best wishes for now

PS If people could be put under moderation for being long winded id be on it for lifelong and past so dont worry about that!!!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2007
  15. BrokenPieces

BrokenPieces Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum hun...

hope you made yourself at home!!

Love BP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.