Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Euphoria, Dec 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Euphoria

Euphoria Member

I don't even know why I signed up for this site. Maybe I was feeling depressed. Maybe I just think people who cut themselves are crazy. Maybe i am just sad for breaking up tonight with my gf on x-mas eve because she was ignoring me an spending x-mas with her family.

Could be because im spending the holidays alone. It's not bothering me that I am alone. I think?
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi glad you here sorry abt gf i hope you can work things out
  3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Don't feel bad about spending christmas alone..I did it six years in a row.. I would get a bottle of rum and some eggnog and was in hog heaven..If your serious about the break up with your girlfriend then you did the right thing.. There are plenty of women out there that will treat you right..
  4. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

:hiya: Welcome to SF, I hope you find the help and support you need here.

Take Care

5. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

Losing your woman might be a trigger - you seem calm about it but maybe its your way of dealing with it.

I'm sure some people join, feeling down no doubt.

Also, there's a mystery surrounding depression - maybe you've had foray into that arena and are just checking up to see if its 'normal'. Sure is. And if your a man its possible you'll be your own worse enemy and be in denial.

My sympathies with the love-loss, but hold your head up high and try and not dwell. Certainly don't 'stalk' her, or send tons of text messages and stand outside the gate at 2.00am looking like return of the night of the living dead.

In fact, don't even take my advice. The only sure-fire chat up line I know is 'are you doing business?' not that I do that sort of thing.

And, maybe you'll get back with your woman. I mean, if that is fated somehow, maybe you have to act an idiot and send flowers and paint I love you on your roof and have a hunger strike until she comes weeping and repentant.

Good luck whatever. What do the ladies think this young man ought to do?

Apart from breaking in and planting a box of Milk Tray chocolates, I'm stumped.
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Josh, welcome to SF. I hope you will find the support you need here.
  7. happyville

happyville Well-Known Member

Sorry about the girlfriend, dude. People who self-harm aren't crazy - they're just hurting. I'm sorry you had to spend Christmas alone, but welcome to the forum!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.