Introductions

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Erode, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erode

Erode Active Member

Background:
    I've been depressed for a long time--since I was 12 years old, though I suspect it stems back farther than that. Some events in my life have caused the depression to be exacerbated. Most recently (2 months ago to be exact), my best friend's suicide. I received the note.

I came here because more than anything I need the support. I'm 19 years old with friends who cannot begin to understand the depth of this type of pain and so they avoid it and by extension avoid me. I'm alone and in need of someone, anyone, who will just sit here in this darkness with me.

Before this happened I was on my way up. I actually thought I could beat this. Now, I'm not so sure.

I'm glad I found this place.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun glad to see you reaching our for support keep posting okay we understand the pain and won't judge you hun hugs

3. Erode

Erode Active Member

thank you xx

4. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Welcome Erode.. sorry about your best friend's suicide.. hope you find some help with that and your depression on here..Jim

5. Erode

Erode Active Member

Thanks Jim

6. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Welcome and so glad you found us..I am sure there are many people here who will understand what you are going through...welcome again

7. Erode

Erode Active Member

I'm so glad I found this forum as well. It's honestly the nicest one I've ever been to. Thank you Sadeyes

8. ZasuArt

ZasuArt Well-Known Member

Welcome, Erode! ((hugs)) I'm sorry you're suffering, but I'm so glad you've joined us! I think you'll find SF to be a very friendly and understanding community. Please count me among your many SF friends, and feel free to message me anytime. :console:

9. Erode

Erode Active Member

Thank you ZasuArt *smiles*

My experience so far as shown me that SF is an extremely kindhearted community. It's my pleasure to meet you (and everyone else).

10. Erode

Erode Active Member

Thank you ZasuArt *smiles*

My experience so far as shown me that SF is an extremely kindhearted community. It's my pleasure to meet you (and everyone else).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.