intrusive 'bad' thoughts

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by allvr00, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allvr00

allvr00 Member

First time to this forum......because I'm struggling with what I call 'bad thoughts'because they are random intrusive thoughts about hurting myself. I have too much to live for and couldn't do hurt my kids and grandkids by leaving......but these thoughts just keep popping into my head telling me to hurt myself. They make me so anxious and I cry and scream and just give up. Then I think of my kids/grandkids and say NO.

Is there a magic solution to make these thoughts stop coming? When is enough enough?

I am in weekly counseling since March and on Prozac. My counselor keeps an eye on me to make sure I'm not just having random impulsive thoughts (am I really going to do something to hurt myself). Seeing a psych next week to see if other meds are better for me. So I'm taking the right steps but everything takes soooooooo long to change or be effective. I just want to stop the depression and anxiety and bad thoughts.

2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. I have just posted in another one of your threads. Please read that post as it applies to this post as well. Keep posting here and you will get the support you deserve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.