Intrusive thoughts

Angie

Safety & Support
SF Supporter
are making me miserable.

There really isn't an answer to it except wait it out or head for the hospital.

SH is an awful thing. I thought since I had several years without it that the urges when under stress would go away completely. They haven't.

I am way too old for this shit.

Holding my breath

SF Pro
SF Supporter
I’m sorry you are feeling so stressed that you feel the need to sh. I know all to well that feeling and I don’t think you can ever be too old to fall back to relying on old coping techniques. The question is can you find alternative ways to cope when you feel stressed?
Feel free to pm me if you feel the need to vent out your stresses. Sometimes sharing helps. Here for you. *hug Xx

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
So sorry you are struggling right now...sending you calm peaceful thoughts and hope the day gets a bit better for you, *hugs

lifetalkz

I know that feeling very well, when I'm really struggling (like you are) I just remind myself that those thoughts are based on lies. SH has never worked to any positive result...acting out on the impulses solves nothing (history has proven that) it's just a bunch of thoughts that don't work in real life. SH is a learned behavior that usually starts very early in life-it's a coping mechanism that we learned when we were very young. It's like a tool for distraction...but it serves no function in adult life. I always wait it out-the thoughts always move on eventually. They always come back again, but I don't allow them to lead to action....good luck-LT

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
are making me miserable.

There really isn't an answer to it except wait it out or head for the hospital.

SH is an awful thing. I thought since I had several years without it that the urges when under stress would go away completely. They haven't.

I am way too old for this shit.
Sorry you feel this way Angie. Hope they go away soon.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00